Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tidbits in no particular order

Yesterday was such a powerful day and I am so glad God gave Mike the strength to blog his vision. You need to know it took Mike over two hours to write that post. But it was important to write down as a record. Things are hard here, but we are so strong in our little cocoon. God is so strong and that is what is making us strong. There is no other explanation. Absolutely none. I am constantly brought to tears on this journey during my quiet times and when my mind reviews the tremendous gifts that God has bestowed on us. I know that God will use this somehow for His glory and I can't wait to see what he does or even what He wants us to do with it. The song "Yes, Lord" is running through my mind right now.

So let me give you a run down of the last 48 hours to show that God continues to guide and direct us daily. When I found out we were going to be here 3 more weeks, I wanted to move into a 2 bathroom place. It is off season here right now (the snowbirds move in at the end of October) and so everything is very reasonable. I put a call into Carrie Simmons who was stationed up the road in Tampa this summer and asked if she knew of anyone with a condo in this area. Carrie put out an email and put us in touch with a friend whose family has a condo in Siesta Key. He is allowing us to stay there for a extremely low rate that is really the same cost as the hotel room. Not only does it have two bathrooms, it has two bedrooms and a kitchen. I can start cooking and I can lay out Mike's medicine to stay. Again, God has blessed us more through Melissa and Giact. They are picking up the cost of the condo. I pray that God will allow us the opportunity someday to be His light on this earth to someone like Melissa has for us.

Carrie, thanks for allowing me to pick up the phone and just ask. I treasure you and the time we had at DM and PWOC together.

The IV clinic has agreed to open up over the next few weekends for Mike to continue his IV therapy for the 21 consecutive days. We are at Florida Integrative Medicine in Sarasota.

Mike is drinking. Praise God. If you haven't read last night's blog please do. That will explain everything.

We got a call from ADT yesterday afternoon at 3:00 that our alarm was going off at the house. It was the side door to get into the garage. It seemed like a plausible place and time for someone to get into the house. I called Roxanne and told her. Then ADT called again and said the front door alarm and the laundry room alarm were set off. I called Roxanne again and asked her if she could drive over and be on the look out for whoever might be in the house. Not to go in, but to maybe jot down a plate number. Praise God, but the police got there and everything was secure. The door to the garage was unlocked, but nothing was taken. I don't know how that happened, but I thank God for Roxanne and her family. I can not even begin to tell you how much they have done for us. I also Praise God that I know the true definition of stuff. I really thought someone had broken in, but I knew everything important was in the room with me - God, Mike and Elizabeth. The rest is just stuff.

My brother has had some post "gallbladder" complications. He was admitted again today with pancreatistis. I am going to ask everyone to add him to your prayer list. God has given me three amazing men in my life after my Savior - Mike, my Dad and my brother. It pains me deeply that I can not be there to help him and my sister-in-law and friend. All I can give them is prayer, which is the most powerful weapon I know. He is in a lot of pain.

Our dear friends at the Wellness Center have allow us to use their address for mail over the coming weeks. The address there is :
American Nutriceuticals Wellness Center
6981 Curtiss Ave Suite #6
Sarasota, FL 34321

I wanted to say Happy Birthday to Patti! Her birthday is tomorrow.

Please continue to pray for Mike's full healing. Pray that Mike will continue drinking from the "River of Life". Pray that God will give rest tonight. Last night was rough. Pray that God will continue to reveal His incredible and beautiful face to us. Pray that this journey will forever solidify Elizabeth's walk with him. I want to ask for specific prayer tonight for the amazing people that God has placed in our path - Mike, Bill, Donna, Deanna, Lindy, Cory, Pete, Dr. John, Bill, and Donna. Pray that God will Bless then to the nth degree for there amazing kindness, love, support and concern.

In His Hand and Holding on Tightly! ~Deanna

PS.. Bill has a Deanna that works at the Wellness Center. I have never had the opportunity to make a friend with someone that has my name. It is so cool and confusing. Now if only Dena was here...... LOL!

PSS. For all our Military friends, we got the best email from the Dickmans. Col. Dickman said if Mike starts filing a daily ATO, then he knows he is on his way to complete recovery! We just laughed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We spent the morning praising our Lord for the miracle He blessed Mike with yesterday...may the "River of Life" continue to flow! What an amazing God we serve!! Tonight we pray for sound rest and peace...The Lord gives strength to his people, the Lord blessed his people with peace. Psalm 29:11 Love and prayers....Roxanne & family

Anonymous said...

Mike:

We love you brother and are praying and thinking about you and your family often. We miss you back at Hurlburt and look forward to seeing you again. It's so encouraging to see your faith in Jesus as your rock. You are making us all very proud to know you...you're a real warrior!

Love in Christ,

Mark

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Every morning the alarm goes off and the computer goes on, and In His Hands and Holding on Tightly is the first thing I read. Your strength, your faith and your devotion has managed to guide my footsteps. As I think of all you are going through, I realize the blessings bestowed upon me and my family and I say Thank You, God! He is so awesome and ever present in our lives. As you continue on this unexpected Phillips Journey, you are enriching so many lives and touching so many hearts that you will never know.
Gods Peace and Love to you, Mike and Elizabeth every day,
Mary Ruehl