Thursday, September 25, 2008

My fault...

I guess people are still reading this thing. Thanks for all the emails and we are fine. The reason I didn't post yesterday was because I was extra tired. I left off on Tuesday with letting everyone know that I was doing the Liver/Gallbladder cleanse. I am still really new at the whole "detox" concept. I didn't realize how tired it would make me. It was VERY successful. I expelled over 300 stones to my best estimate. 5 were large stones and one was just absolutely huge. But it literally wiped me out. I was at the Wellness Center and I could barely keep my eyes open while helping Elizabeth with her math. We were learning how to check by eliminating 9's. Anyway, Bill was making fun of me and I told him that I had done the Liver Cleanse. He looked at me and ordered me to go lie down in the massage room. I told him I would be fine and he looked at me and told me to go in no uncertain terms. I feel asleep smiling as he was trying to help Elizabeth learn the concept. Elizabeth said he did it differently and she just decided to skip it!

So we have been running around to appointments today. We always have the IV therapy in the morning and then today we had a spider bite residue testing, colonic, and then emotional breathing therapy. We ended the day back at the clinic for LBG. We finished up at 8:00 pm.

Here are the interesting points of the day. Mike did test positive to spider residue and will be taking a homeopathic to counter act that. It is important so the immune system is free to fight the cancer. The emotional therapy took 2 hours, but Mike said it was good. He is learning how to breathe and to deal with emotional issues through the breathing. He also said he cried like a baby. Again, this journey is amazing and life changing. Mike has cried twice before he was diagnosed with cancer. Once when his dad passed away and the other time was when Elizabeth was born. This journey is literally shattering all kinds of walls, ideas, and stereo types.

The best part of the day is when we went back to the clinic. I picked up dinner for Elizabeth and I. Bill gave us the key and the alarm code. We let ourselves in and I hooked Mike up on the LBG. Remember this therapy is aimed at helping the lymphatic system drain all the toxins out of the body. We need to do it everyday to keep it flowing from all the medicines and treatments. I got Elizabeth set up in the kitchen area and then went back and sat on the table in Mike's treatment room and we talked. It is the first time we have had a chance to really just share thoughts in awhile. I had a moment where I was listening to Mike share about another dream/vision and it was almost like an outer body experience.

Mike shared that he was talking to Jesus about this journey of cancer and what comes next when the healing is complete. Does Jesus want him to stay in the AF, go to seminary, become a missionary? What do you want me to do? Mike was overwhelmed with a feeling that Jesus said nothing. There is no cost to your healing. It is a free gift. Go live you life.

The words are so simple, but so POWERFUL and cut right to the point. Jesus is not giving Mike a "works" healing. He is not healing Mike because Mike will be required to do something for Him. It is a free gift. Just like our salvation. It is free to all who call on it. But, I will tell you this. God may not require anything of Mike, but in the end, how can you keep this journey a secret and not share it with anyone. How can you not go out and claim the miracles that God has done?

I finally shared with Mike my quiet time that I had about a week ago. I told Mike that I literally had a vision of Mike laying across my arms and my head was bowed down. I knelt on my knees and held him up and then laid him down at the feet of God. I then backed away with my head bowed the whole time. I told Mike that I had to give him up to God. I had to give God the glory and authority over this situation. As it teaches us to pray "that His will be done". I finally said that phrase that I said over and over again as Mike and I were going through infertility treatments, " I would rather be in God's will and lose Mike, than to have Mike and be out of His will." I know that might be hard for our friends that are not Christians to understand and I can't really explain it. I just know that nothing should come before God in our lives and as I have matured in my faith, I can say that.

Ironically enough, Mike shared he did the same thing. I hope to get Mike to blog this weekend. He is so filled right now and when he speaks about his spiritual journey, I am left speechless most of the time.

We have added a predigested liquid protein to Mike's regime today. Bill is concerned he is not getting enough nutrition. So we are trying to beef him up. We need to keep his healthy cells healthy. I don't think he has lost more weight, but I see him every day.

So where are we? I wish I could tell everyone that Mike has had this remarkable healing and the tumor is gone, but this is a battle of small victory's. The first victory is always that we have another day to fight. PRAISE GOD. Mike is still drinking well. He is eating very small bites of fish and some soup. That usually happens at dinner time. Right now he is just exhausted. Our biggest daily battle seems to be how to fit all the medicine in with all the therapies and then eat and drink enough to keep him strong. AND we need to do this with a grapefruit size tumor taking up most of the room in his stomach. So for those praying, please pray that Mike will sleep a long stretch tonight. Pray that the pain and gas in his stomach will cease. Pray that he will eat more and more everyday. Pray that he can have energy. Pray for me and my energy level and that Elizabeth will manage to nap once in awhile. She has been staying up late and getting up early. I worry about that. The last thing we need is anyone of us getting sick and exposing it to Mike. We want his immune system to focus on one thing... the nasty cancer cells!

God Bless you and please continue to blog and email. You really have no idea how encouraging and refreshing it is to us. Love you and miss everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike and Deanna:

We pray you will all three rest well tonight. Great to hear that you were able to pass all those stones. Father, we lift this family up to you, bless them for their strong faith and witness. Take away the pain in Mike's stomach, grant them energy and strengthen Mike's immune system.

The 623rd misses you my friend!

Anonymous said...

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Anonymous said...

Igor,
Its amazing the number of people you have had an impact on. I've been out of contact with the Bone community for so long and yet your news still manages to make its way to me. I only wish it was for a better reason. The list of names on the email chain was long and roundabout. You and your family are in the hearts and minds of people all over the planet.
Use whatever weapons you can pull out of the arsenal to kick this thing. I've seen the way you can make the aft station of a B-1dance. If there is anyone who can put a bomb straight to this thing's most vulnerable spot, I know it's you.
My family and I are keeping you in our daily prayers. Even the new little ones who you haven't met yet have been hoping for a quick recovery for "daddy's sick friend."
Strength to you, Elizabeth, and Deanna.

Jeff C

Unknown said...

Deanna,

I think I've read your blog three or four times kind of wondering in the back of my mind - wouldn't it be nice if these thinks were somehow interactive. Apparently all it takes is noticing the "comment" link and not being computer illiterate.

We've been thinking of Mike and yourself often, and now Linda and
Frank.

Just want you to know we're praying for Mike and Linda and the whole family. You are on my bible study's prayer list, as well.

I enjoy reading your blogs; your faith is so inspirational. Today I was really touched by your reference to Psalm 118:24. I did an Emmaus walk one time and this verse was the theme for the weekend. We sang a hymn based on it about ten times a day, it's still burned in my mind. Hang on to it.

Mike - stay strong and courageous. So many people are praying. So glad to hear your faith is blessing you so abundantly.

God bless,

Chad