Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rest for the Weary

Today is Saturday and we have so many praises. I want to praise that Scott came through surgery just fine and he is home resting after losing the battle with his gallbladder. I want to praise God for the nap both Mike and I got today. Rest is so good sometimes. I also managed to get my hair cut this morning. As usual, God used that to confirm we are on the right path.

Mike was very tired today. He slept until 9:00 and I set up his medicine for him before I left. I line little cups up in the bathroom. I think we had 9 three oz cups this morning. When I got home around noon, Mike was laying on the couch. He hadn't finished all his medicine and he was just worn out. I started to try and get him to start on his lunch time round and soon came to realize that rest was more important. Elizabeth and I went into the bedroom and shut all the lights out for him and let him sleep for 3 hours. During that time, I napped a little as well. Elizabeth has spent the day in "Star Wars" heaven. I think she is in the middle of watching all 6 of the movies today. Today is probably one of those days where our parenting skills might be questioned. She spent the whole day in her PJ's and watched movies and played on the PSP. But, we as a family, needed it. We are blessed by God that she is such a great kid.

During my nap, I came to realize that I need to boost Mike up. I woke up and warmed up soup for him. I woke him up and fed him soup, hummus, and water. He ate a whole bowl of soup. The past day or so, he has been so full of the treatments that he hasn't eaten much. After he ate, he felt much better. We were then able to get the dinner medicine into him and he threw up much less. I have also started putting his medicine into juice (fresh juice squeezed from veggies - mostly greens and a small beet) and into organic chicken broth. It is a way to feed him more nutrition. So now we are both taking a break before the bedtime routine begins. We will miss a couple of things in the protocol today, but I think rest and food were very important today.

So I have been promising the protocol and medications/supplements that Mike is taking. I want to put a disclaimer that this is specific to Mike. Someone else with the same diagnosis might have a different protocol depending on the testing. He is taking 166 pills per day along with other supplements that are either in powder or liquid. All together 41 different things. I have everything in a graph format. I took it to Office Max and blew it up and then laminated it. I am using markers to cross off stuff once he has taken it to keep track.

Ecomer - shark oil
Noni - fruit that has many medicinal purposes. Research it. I have started taking it
Vitality C - vitamin C with sodium that allow for absorption
pH Balancer - allows the phlegm to become less acidic
BioElectrolytes - works with pH Balancer
K-Mg - replaces Mg lost with the pH Balancer
Potassium Orot - replaces things lost the pH Balancer
Bucco - replaces minerals lost with pH Balancer
Natura 101 - Chinese Herbs related to specific body systems
Natura 201 - same as above
Natura 601 - same as above
Bao Kung - same as above
V Statin - weed from Southwest that cuts off blood supply to tumor
Boswellia - can't remember
HLC - healthy digestive tract/ probitic of sort
LimuPlex - builds healthy immune system
Flemimmune - works with LimuPlex. It is actually colostrum.
CoQ10 - important but can't remember
Detox Kit - this is liquid to help detox body
Omega XL
Sante Complex - nutrition
Gluathene - nutrition
MezoTrace - nutrition
Green Tea - great antioxidant and this is super concentrated
L-Lysine - together with the green tea work to stop cancer in his connective tissue
Vibe - minerals
Vitality Boost - vitamins and minerals
Microstat - natural antibiotic
Protease - helps break down mucus

The rest of these relate to Chinese Medicine and specific reactions going on in Mike's Body:
Plea Ut, Pleo Ploy R, Pleo Leptu, Dybiosis Pro, Nitro -Thio, Marshmellow Root, Gasto-Calm, Spirulina, Ultra D and detoxinol.

There it is for now. I am sure the protocol will change as we walk in this journey. I want to encourage the blogs and emails. We are so lifted by them. We love hearing from everyone. We need someone to set up a B-1 reunion at some point. I hate the fact that I have lost track of everyone. May God Bless your weekend and may you hug your families extra tight. God is good.

"By His stripes, we are healed" Isaiah 53:5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have finally figured out how to post!! If God can show ME how to blog, then beating cancer will be a snap!! We are praying and thinking about you daily. Our goal isn't just to get you all better and through this, but to also wear out God's ears! We want Him to finally say what you all have said at some point or another "don't those Webbers stop talking"

Love you,
WendyJeff

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers....
Tanya and Gary Harencak

lynn / kev said...

Praise God for a day of rest! Praise God that Mike ate a whole bowl of soup! Praise God that your brother is fine after his surgery! Praise God for a good nap. Praise God for the air we breathe! Praise God from whom all blessings flow....even the little ones. I'm amazed at your organization skills, Deanna, keeping track of 166 pills and everything else. It's amazing, Praise God! We praise God that we have the privilege of praying for you three sweeties. Praise God for Star Wars! Praise God for vitamin C. Praise God for beets! Praise GOD!!!

We love you & miss you & Praise God for you! xoxox Lynnette

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Right now I'm praying for God to bless you in a special way today. We pray for Mike's miraculous healing, for the pills to go down and specifically to be absorbed correctly and for Elizabeth's walk in this. Today I'm going to target asking God to bless you with strength. Did you ever think your years as an AF wife would be put to the test like this? You are amazing in your organizational skills and your kindess to others, and now those skills are ministering to your husband as you walk him through this path toward healing. Think of Christ picking up the yoke for all of us when it is too heavy -- you are being Christ to Mike when you carry him through this treatment and you glorify your Lord in ways the world cannot even comprehend.
Love in Christ,
Kathleen
muhlbauer5@hotmail.com