Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday - the day of rest

It is hard to believe that it is Sunday and tomorrow starts a new week. The days are running together now. More of the same. I woke Mike up and gave him breakfast of yogurt, honey, and 5 raspberries. I wish I could say that he slept last night, but he has a lot of gas pain. For some reason, it builds up in his stomach and he has to sit up to release it by burping. He started out last night sleeping in a chair but he was on the couch this morning.

We took him to the IV clinic and Dr. Monhollon was there. We talked about how dizzy and lightheaded he has been. He said Mike needs to eat 5 tiny meals a day. Oh how I wish!! He said at a minimum give him juice. Have I told everyone that I have been juicing for Mike at night? I went and bought a Juicer and organic produce. Tonight I made him an asparagus, spinach, celery, zucchini, and cucumber drink. He needs to be on an organic green diet as much as possible. I actually made extra tonight and put it in a ziplock and stuck it in the frig. I will try that for breakfast tomorrow morning. I have gotten Elizabeth juicing too. We both had an apple, grape, raspberry, and celery juice with our dinner. I really love the fresh pressed apple juice. It is sweet but not too sweet like to grocery store kind. In my spare time, I am trying to research "raw" recipes. I need to figure out how to cook for Mike. It seems the best diet and the best way to feed him is Raw. I will eventually get a food dehydrator and learn. I also need to get some recipe books. It is very interesting. It is a very new way to cook for me. It seems like you need to own a juicer, dehydrator, Cuisinart, and blender. I have to tell you, we love that raw restaurant here. If I can learn how to do it, it will be a win for everyone.

We left Mike with Dr. Monhollon and Elizabeth and I went to the Jungle Gardens in Sarasota. It is a mix between a small zoo and botanical gardens. It was really beautiful. I took lots of pictures of Elizabeth. At some point, I will take the pictures of the camera and down load them to the blog. The highlights were holding exotic birds, holding an alligator, and feeding flamingos. It sounds so Florida right??

We then headed to whole foods for juice and wheat grass for Mike's lunch. I am trying to have him drink wheat grass every day. One ounce of wheat grass supposedly has the nutrients of 2.5 pounds of veggies. We get Mike and then head to the ANWC. He does his LBG and a foot bath. He did fall asleep in the chair. In the meantime, I am sitting at the computer trying to balance the check book (ugh!). We leave from the clinic and come home. Mike immediately collapses into bed. He is really sleeping at the moment. I don't know if it will be long, but ANY sleep is good sleep for Mike.

I have no great wisdom or thoughts today. I just know that God is here and he is not leaving us ever. Please continue to pray for Mike. He needs sleep and nutrition.

Thank you God for another day to fight and to be together as a family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a raw recipe book and cd a while back that MAY be helpful for you...it is REJUVENATE YOUR LIFE! on CD & REJUVENATE YOUR LIFE! RECIPES FOR ENERGY found the Above Rubies website and look under the books link at the top of the page.

Praying for you all!

Kelly Stevens
Tucson, Az

Anonymous said...

Mike, Deanna, and Elizabeth,

We think of you all daily and pray as well. My heart aches that you guys have so much to go through right now, and your posts often bring tears to my eyes because they are so beautiful, as well as insightful and meaningful. You guys are an inspiration and I pray that you would feel, literally, the Lord's presence with you each day.

Blessings and love,
The Irwins

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you. Here are a couple of sites that might help with recipes.
Donna Jordan - Rob's aunt

http://hacres.com/home/home.asp
(Hallelujah Acres)

http://www.drmcdougall.com/
Dr. McDougall also has a program on the TBN channel.

Anonymous said...

I second Serene's book that Kelly mentioned (Rejuvenate for Life) and I also learned a lot from the Hallelujah Acres cookbook. I've also heard great things about the book How We All Went Raw from these Arizonans:
http://www.toprawmen.net/ (All of those recommendations are Christians)

One purchase we've never regretted in this journey towards more whole food, raw, and organic eating is a Vitamix. We've used it several times a day for several years since we make most of our food from scratch. Way better than a regular blender as it can grind grain and make everything from ice cream to soup to fresh nut butters instantly. Can't imagine living without it! We also have an Excalibur dehydrator which has come in very handy for healthy raw granola, sprouted grains for baking, sourdough crackers, and of course dried fruit.

Yes, you ALL will be better off from these changes and discoveries...