Monday, February 8, 2010

Welcoming the Angels

The night was somewhat better last night, that or I just was so tired I slept through things. Mike went down early for the J tube placement and was in pain even under sedation. I just can't seem to find the words right now. Pain seems to be the theme of the day. Trying to get the pain under control and get Mike comfortable. It is just surreal right now and I am a little numb. We have changed Mike's pain medicines again to stay on top of things. He has been throwing up so we haven't started the J Tube feedings. Just keeping him on TPN for now.

Mike is going in for the celiac block tomorrow. Please...Please pray with me that it will work and take away pain Lord Jesus hear our prayers!

Elizabeth was up here tonight when Mike came back in horrible pain after the bone scan. Melissa and I were trying to get him comfortable and Elizabeth said the angels are right there and she pointed to three places. She left with Melissa to go to a basketball game and I texted her. I said by the way, I feel the angels here too. Thank you for confirming my feelings. She texted back:
I left them for you and Dad. I don't know, I can just feel them when they are at a certain place like tonight.
I read the text to Mike and his response? He said to the angels, "Welcome Friends. Welcome Angels."

Mike is in terrible pain, however all his other labs, blood work, pulse, oxygen, blood pressure are good. I am praying that tomorrow will be the day we turn the corner..

Thank you (especially family) for all comments, texts, calls, emails, visits, food, snacks, deodrant, help, and as always prayers. I just can't respond to everything right now but we feel completely wrapped in God's Hands by your outpouring.

Much love to everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...welcome, Angels. Welcome, ministering spirits.

I am praying for pain relief. I am praying that everything that Elizabeth sees only serves to strengthen her faith in a good heavenly Father. I am praying for those cancer cells to die and disappear from Mike's body. I am praying for strength and provision for each of you.

I am praying.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what my sister said. Love you. Julie

Anonymous said...

Praying tomorrow will be a better day and hopefully one with a lot less pain for Mike.

We all continue to pray every day for you all!
Your family at the 623 AOC

Unknown said...

"Each one of them is Jesus in disguise."
Mother Teresa

We're praying for your strength and for the angels to bring you comfort.

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Thought your thankfulness for "deodorant" was priceless! In all this INTENSE time of pain,etc. it was fun to be able to laugh a bit. YOU KNOW we're praying for you and my BS ladies are too! XO Gini