Friday, February 5, 2010

Back in the hospital

Mike is back in the hospital. Our home health nurse was concern about Mike's lack of bowel movements and called the doctor. The doctor told us to go to the ER. So off we went. However, Mike's back hurts so much. It hurts to stand and it hurts to sit up. My incredibly brave husband endured tremendous pain to get to the ER. I truly though he was going to pass out and I just sat there crying and driving. I hate that I can't take the pain away. I pulled up to the ER and ran in crying and he was put in a wheel chair and wheeled strait back to a trauma room. I parked the car and by the time I got back to a room, there was a flurry of activity. To make a long story short, Mike has a blockage at the bottom of his stomach and is partially blocking the entrance to his intestines. They think it is a tumor. This blockage is keeping the stuff in the stomach from draining out at a proper rate. The food is just sitting in his stomach. They have stopped the G Tube feeding and he is now on TPN for the weekend along with good pain medicine. On Monday, he will be getting a J tube which feeds directly into his intestines. Hopefully this will allow us to gain strength and weight to continue the fight with our still undetermined next step.

We are both tired, but that nagging feeling I have had that something wasn't right is gone. I feel like we are headed in the right direction.

Pray:
Mike and all his medical issues - pain management, strength, and the cancer to die
Rest for everyone
Elizabeth and I and the emotions of it all

Praise:
Kathy for dinner last night and ER stay
Rippees for loving on Elizabeth tonight
Dinner from Chick fila
Private room, new doctor, and a great Big God!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...I will be praying for you all Deanna....I feel for you as you travel this journey, but know the Lord is in control, and has a perfect plan and purpose in it all, even if we do not understand!

Anonymous said...

Every day I am asking the Lord if He'd make this the day that Mike's healing manifests fully. Every day I am contending for it, no matter how things appear to be.

Nothing is impossible with God.

Love and miss you all...

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

You three may be "out of the military" but sure are SOLDIERS!!!! My heart is heavy for you all but we continue to pray to our Sovereign God! Love, Gini

Unknown said...

Sending you the warmth of our hugs from a distance and the power of our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh...my friend, my heart and prayers continue to go out to you all. Gini hit it on the nose - you three are heros fighting this battle with so much courage and strength! Always praying and sending my love, Roxanne