Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday

Mike's kidneys continue to be on and off. They began to work and then stop and then work. So that is praise. Mike had an ok night, but has been struggling since about 5 am today. By struggling I mean restless and uncomfortable. Today we are checking everything to find out where Mike is... blood work, chest xray, and ultrasound. Actually the ultra sound is for his PICC line in his arm. His left arm is extremely swollen and I know he has a blood clot due to the PICC line. So most likely they will pull it and place it in the other arm. This is our routine with PICC lines it seems.

Melissa and Pat came up last night and we gave Mike a haircut and shave. He looks great. This is the "never thought in a million years" circumstance that we are in right now. Mike looks good. He is looking like he has put on weight. His skin tone looks good. His blood work is good. His vitals are good. Yet, Mike can barely communicate, he is on extreme doses of pain medicine, his legs aren't moving, and he is completely bed bound. To be healthy and yet sick at the same time. God continues to tweak us daily. I struggle with what is His will in this. Sitting hours upon hours, Lord what is you purpose here? What is my purpose here? But always trusting that God works all things together for His good.

I have to say that I am starting to feel sick today. I woke up around 7:00 with drainage and scratchy throat (not to say that I slept through the night). I just can't get sick. Please pray health for me. Wendy is coming up today after church and I am going to go home to nap. Maybe a long nap will help. Night time is hard. Last night, I was sound asleep and the respiratory therapist came in and touch my hand, woke me up out of a dead sleep, and nearly scared me to death. She woke me up to ask if she could give Mike a breathing treatment. Honestly, I was angry but what concerns me more is how I keep this up. I don't even know how long it has been now. 3 weeks with only 2 nights at home... yet He needs someone here with him. He pulls off his oxygen mask and he needs someone to request pain meds if it gets out of control. I know things can turn quickly, but Mike is a fighter and I see this being our life for a while.

I will post more later when I get results from all tests. Much love to everyone...

Prayers:
Mike to show improvement in all areas, God to fight cancer battle, hedge of protection from my sickness, rest, healing, legs to move, arm to heal, more communication, for Mike to keep O2 up. He hates the mask and is always pulling it off
Deanna - strength, health, mental stamina
Elizabeth - health, joy, and to know God more and more
Wendy for everything... She is a blessing to me.

Praise:
Friends, family
Wendy
Church online so we can worship in the hospital
sunny days
ONE MORE DAY

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna, please take care of yourself and get some rest. I know it's hard as you want to be at the hospital with Mike. I came down with with the same symptons Wednesday and literally slept most of Friday and Saturday.

It sounds like Mike is doing better and we're all encouraged by that. I'm sure he feels like a new man with a shave and haircut (and quite handsome too)!

Continuing to pray for relief and hope for you all! Lord, please take care of this amazing family!
Love,
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Oh Deanna,
Only God knows His plan. What He requires of us is to listen and follow without questioning. Blind faith, like you have already done--completely given yourself to God, gotten into His Hands and continue to hold on tight. The ride is bumpy--no doubt about that, the journey is unclear--we already know this to be true. And it is for all of us, your trail is just a little more visable now...continue your trust, your faith and your patience. I know this is hard, but the destination will prove worthy.

Peace, and love, and rest.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Crying tears of prayer on your behalf Deanna, Elizabeth & Mike!

Anonymous said...

I pray for you guys multiple times a day. You are never far from my thoughts. I know you are wondering about purpose right now. It seems like the doctor's, nurses, and all the people surrounding him should be taking something from this, whether it's medical, scientific or spiritual. He is showing them how strong our God is.

Lifting you up in prayer,
Stephanie Brentwood

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Today's devotion is from Psalm 40 entitled "Faith Persevering in Trial". I think you could probably really relate to the psalmist! It ends with this verse, "But I am poor and needy; Yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God." NKJV Love and prayers, Gini

CihakClan said...

FFC.org broadcasts live and archived sermons online. It is the Church we went to in KC.