Sunday, February 14, 2010


I love this picture. Dena took this picture the other day without us knowing and just showed it to me. Mike is holding Elizabeth's foot and I am holding Mike's hand. You can see the bracelet Elizabeth made Mike - it says Jehovah - to go with his allergy bracelet and hospital bracelet. It is funny because when Elizabeth was little she would cry in the back seat. So Mike would reach back and hold her foot. It would calm her down. As she grew older, the action became known as "foot pie". So while Mike is not really aware during this picture, he was still calming his baby with a simple, loving action of foot pie.

Mike is holding and fighting. His oxygen rate varies from the low 80's to the low 90's. His white blood count is high, which indicates an infection. His red blood count is low and he might need a transfusion in a day or so. His lungs are very congested from the aspiration and he is doing breathing treatments every 4 hours and getting suctioned, which he hates.

I keep reminding him that "Nothing is impossible with God" just breath. Or I will say, "Mike all you have to do is breath and let Jesus to the rest". This road is uncharted. Never in our wildest dreams did we see this coming. But, we are walking every moment. Living every moment. Praising for every moment.

Thank you for your prayer and posts. So many wonderful friends and so many good memories.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture and touching story behind it! How precious that you captured this with your camera and shared with us.

We are continually praying that Mike will get over this hurdle. Always praying that God will look over you all, give you strength and have faith.

Sending our thoughts and prayers to you all!
Love,
Cynthia and Family

Anonymous said...

A picture truly is worth a thousand words!!! Love, Gini

Roxanne said...

If that picture and story doesn't signify Valentine's Day...I don't know what does? So beautiful!

We lifted Mike, you and Elizabeth up in prayer today at church. They have prayed for you from the beginning...and will conyinue. Sending our love and praying for MORE miracles, Roxanne and family

Anonymous said...

I love the picture! It is precious. ...continuing to pray...

Stephanie Brentwood

The Beenes said...

Isnt' it amazing? God worked through the camera lense of a friend who may not have even realized the significance of the picture on the other side. What beauty and love jumps out of that picture. And then the story revealed! I am so glad Dena is there for you giving you the physical hugs that so many would like to give you today. Continuing to pray.
Carol

lynn / kev said...

I love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. Ps. 18:1-3

The God who made foot pie possible is always with you, surrounding you with His love. God bless you all, we love you. Lynnette & Kevin

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are we you all, the picture is so fitting for Mike has touched so many people in so many ways...Our Love and Prayers Continue.

Beetle and Pam

Anonymous said...

Deanna,You are doing a good job making decisions right now, which seem to me you are having to make alone. I'll pray that the Lord will heal this infection. I love your picture and Footpie.Happy Valentine's Day. Pam Clark

Anonymous said...

Your footpie photo is delicious! praying praying praying xo Tom and Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all every day!

Mary Ruehl said...

A human heart, formed by parents loving hands and little piggies of the wonderous child. Just tilt you head a little to the left and it pops out at you! Love on love on love on St. Valentines Day.
Rejoice and be glad! Blessed are you, holy are you! Rejoice and be glad! Yours is the Kingdom of God! Praying. Love, Mary

Sheilagh said...

Our prayers are with you

God Bless You All

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Dena,
We are with you in our prayers and asking God to help in whatever way possible. Please tell Mike that Central Kentucky is praying for him and your beautiful family. All our love.
T.J. and Renee Smith

Anonymous said...

Your Tucson community group loves the three of you and prays for you, both corporately and individually. We are praying for the miracle first and foremost... and look what He did!

The Lord gives.... blessed be the Name of the LORD.

Anonymous said...

Deanna....Yes, that is a great pic....as a matter of fact I thought you could enhance it a little and end up with a framer??? (I sent you an enhanced version by email) We continue to pray for all that you need....love you all!! Angie