Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pray. Pray. Pray.

I don't know where to start this post. I am seeing amazing things before my eyes. Elizabeth too. Mike's condition is improving though still tough. His blood pressure is normal when it has been extremely low. His oxygen is at 100% when on oxygen. His breathing is so much better. His kidneys are working. They tried to turn Mike last night and he woke up. He was talking, though I couldn't understand because his mouth is so dry and tongue swollen a little bit. It took 4 nurses to keep him from getting out of bed.

Just a short time ago, Mike had no kidney output. He was beginning to swell. His breathing was extremely difficult. He had very low blood pressures and everything is changing without medication.

So this morning, I have called off hospice and put Mike back as a full code. I have told the nurses to get the doctors here. Mike is fighting..... God is moving...... So my job is to be in prayer, listen for His direction and act on behalf of Mike. You should have seen it last night. After Mike settled down the nurses went out in the hall and I went with them. I said," What is going on?" and the tech looked at everyone and said, "See I told you." The nurses said, "That man was awake and is strong." "His strength shocked me" "That man isn't in a coma".

I am praying and asking for continued miracles. The battle does belong to the Lord. Mike's life here on earth is in a delicate balance right now. Every minute is precious. Every breath is ordained by God. Please continue to join me praying for Mike and for Godly wisdom in walking this uncharted road. However, I am in a really good and peaceful and confident place right now where ever this road leads.

(I have read all comments to Mike and continue to be in absolute awe and joy and strength from everyone.)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kept hearing the word "beloved" while reading your post. This is what I must let you know:
Deuteronomy 33:12 Concerning the tribe of Benjamin, Moses said: "He is beloved of God and lives in safety beside him. God surrounds him with his loving care, and preserves him from every harm."
All my love, Julie

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully amazing! I love watching God move! I will be continually praying for you all.

May God bless and kieep you!
Stephanie Brentwood

Anonymous said...

I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.
~ Psalm 40:1, NLT

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for God's wisdom for you. SO GLAD that you have peace and confidence. I'm sure Mike can "sense" that. Love, Gini

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news! We keep praying!
Steve and Robin

lynn / kev said...

PRAISE THE LORD, HALLELUJAH!!! We're still praying, hoping, trusting, rejoicing & claiming PS. 118:7 for Mike! TO GOD BE THE GLORY, GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE... Love in Christ alone, Lynnette, Kevin & the CG in Tucson! XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

I have been praying so much and much of the night last night for something very much like this to happen!!!
God is so good and He WILL be glorified through this!!!!
Kelly in Tucson

Anonymous said...

I am practically sitting on my computer monitor, waiting to pounce the moment my screen tells me that you've posted again. This post...it makes me draw a shaky breath deep into my lungs, and my desire to keep praying burns even brighter and hotter. Our God is powerful and He always has the last word, and I know His last word will be "LIFE!" for Mike no matter what. But I am taking courage that Abraham and Moses dared to negotiate and argue with God, and I'm boldly asking that "LIFE!" for Mike allows him to live and declare the glorious works of the Lord, to proclaim His goodness and His power to a lost and dying world. And I am so, so grateful, that though Mike's body is worn and suffering, that Mike can never, EVER be "dying". Thank You, Jesus, that You have made it impossible for Mike to die.

Shooting fiery prayers to the heart of God on your behalf!

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him
all creatures her below. Praise Him above ye heavenly
host - Praise, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
Amen!
Praising God right now and petitioning on your
behalf!
Susan

The Chalmers said...

Miracle: An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be an act of God...This man is fighting, with God on his side, for his family. I love it! Praying, praying, praying...

Bruce said...

Mike - God gave you a fighting spirit, I've known that for a long time. Now He is using that spirit in your most difficult hour. Emmanuel, God with us.
Bruce

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here reading your last two postings and am shocked at this recent turn of events. The tears are just flowing down my face.

You are all heroes in my book; the courage and love you have shown during this journey has been inspiring and beautiful!

I haven't given up hope, as I'm sure all your friends and loved ones around the world haven't either. God is in control and will continue to watch over you. His arms are wrapped around you all and He is holding on tightly.

Please know your family at Hurlburt loves you and pray for you everyday!
Love,
Cynthia

Unknown said...

"With wisdom, power, and love our God IS an awesome God!"

Anonymous said...

praying!!! Tom and Kathleen

Sarah said...

The tears are flowing. God is truly with your family. I think Elizabeth is right about the angels. Praise God for the miracles he works here on earth.

Anonymous said...

God will be there for all of you!!!! You are in my prayers!!!!

Myra Cakerice Huff

Anonymous said...

Deanna, Yea! Wow!Love,Pam Clark

Roxanne said...

May He recieve all the Glory and Praise. Just like the rest of your family in Christ...I can not contain myself with this news!
I honor Your Holy name, Jesus...oh sweet, Jesus!
Know that we are PRAYING continually!!! Roxanne and family

Anonymous said...

Our GOD is so awesome! Now just stay close to Mike and Elizabeth, have peace. Remember, His WILL be done. You can't change it, you just have to go through it.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Our God is amazing!! I'm waiting in anticipation to see what God will do! Praying earnestly!! Neal, Rhonda & girls.

Jennifer said...

You got it sister! What an encouraging post. Praying for a miracle and that God receives all the glory!!!

Hoss and Kathie said...

Prayers for you all. We know WHO holds the future, and we are not afraid. May God's abundancy be completely overwhelming - through the nurses, doctors, techs, family, friends, and those who happen to stop and check in on all of you. I pray for His peace on your hearts and minds, that you continue to praise Him in all things. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Another sleepless night...another night praying for you all!!! XOOX Gini