Monday, February 15, 2010

Praying for even more Miracles

Mike continues to defy and fight. The nurse pulled up his labs this morning and said really it is quite amazing how good everything looks. His kidneys are functioning, his liver numbers are down, everything looks good. His blood fell just below the threshold, so he is getting 2 pints of blood tonight.

Mike's mom was able to visit last night. It was hard for her, but good for Mike and everyone I believe.

There continues to be a flurry of activity at our house. I have yet to go home in a long time. But Doug, Dena, Jeff and Wendy have moved right on it. Doug and Jeff have tackled many projects on my "honey do" list and Wendy and Dena are keeping Elizabeth and the dog on track. Wendy talks about my kitchen cabinents and I wouldn't be surprised to see new tile or lights or something when I get home. I just makes me smile. Honestly, it sounds like so much fun and I only wish that Mike and I were there to be in the mix. But I am so blessed and so surrounded right now. I am still amazed and the calm and peace right now. I have always said that I have handed Mike over to Jesus, but this toughest test so far and that statement says a lot after everything we have been through. Mike continues to be combative. The neurologist came by and believes that Mike's lack of oxygen the other night as played a role and that his brain has suffered damage. But I believe something different and I really believe if that is the case, then God is going to do another miracle. PRAY OVER MIKES BRAIN FUNCTION.

Tonight, 18 years ago, Mike proposed to me here in McKinney on my parents couch. It has been on my mind all day. That simple "yes" and the incredible love and commitment that flowed from that decision. (which by the way is the same simple yes that we both said when Jesus called us to him and the same result..incredible love and commitment flowed). I love him so much and it hasn't changed. Mike is still my love after all this and always will be.

Doug and Dena stayed up here late tonight and helped calm Mike down and get him turned before they left. Doug asked if I needed anything before I left and I smiled. He said what? I said pray that you will shut this door and an incredible light will flow from this room and that when the nurses come in, Mike will be sitting up talking and completely healed for God's Glory. Can you imagine the impact that could have? It is such an overwhelming and incredible thought.

Again, I continue to read all comments to Mike because I believe he can hear everything. I haven't been able to get to email too often, but try. I haven't been able to retrieve all message on our home phone and I love getting the texts on my cell. Thank you. I am still in awe at the incredible calm within me right now despite everything. Thank you Jesus for the peace that passes all understanding.

Prayer needs:
Mike pray over his liver, his cancer, his pneumonia, his kidneys, his brain, his mouth and tongue, and his legs.
Sleep for everyone
Elizabeth
Family and dear friends

Praises:
Friends who are giving my family a break for a short time
Mike's mom coming here
Just the incredible nursing staff here.
Doug and Jeff - I stand amazed at their commitment to Mike. They are helping to turn him and comforting him, and telling stories...
The neurologist who was honest, but confirming that decisions I made are correct and left with "pray to God" - He has NO IDEA the amount of prayer that is going on. It makes me smile
Dr. Bo and his commitment to Mike.
Laughter - we have had great conversations in this room and there is laughter. Thank you Jesus.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for the laughter and peace. I believe the Holy Spirit authors both, and I believe laughter is a healing agent far more powerful than we fathom.

I am praying for complete and total restoration of each and every body system for Mike. I am asking that nothing be left untouched or in any way corrupted by infirmity. I am calling forth divine health and vitality in the name of Jesus, who overcame death and lives still today, so that we would be able to do the same.

I am also asking that all fear be driven out and that each and every one of us who love Mike will sleep in complete peace, fully secure as we trust our Lord to permit only that which will ultimately be for our good and His glory. His steadfast love endures forever.

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray and praise. Love, Pam Clark

Anonymous said...

praying! Kathleen
P.S. Just like you, I also believe Mike can hear you (Is. 26: 3,4)

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, haven't read in awhile as Julie has been keeping me up to date, but wanted to take some time this morning as Wright-Pat is closed for snow and let you know we are thinking of you and praying for your stuggles. The joy and praise y'all show in these tough times brings to mind the many times scripture reminds us to rejoice in suffering and I encourage you to continuing uniting your pain and struggle to the suffering of Christ for the salvation of souls. And have no doubt your blog is undoubtly doing that!

Thank you for sharing your struggles as they provide the correct perspective and an example of God working in the world seldom found anymore. I find such encourgement and joy in your blog, even with all the pain. Rest assured of our prayers and love. We will pray for your miracle in a special way tomorrow during our special weekly family time before the Blessed Sacrament and, as it's Ash Wed. as well, we will pray that Igor experiences the glory of our Lord in a special way on Easter Morning...here on Earth of course!!

Hang in there and continue to fight the good fight!

Tim, Julie, Pete, Mike, John Paul and Catherine Barclay

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have peace and good friends. I'm still praying for you all. Thanks for the update.

Stephanie Brentwood

Graeme J Morris said...

I just wanted to encourage you with these stories:

http://healingherald.org/2010/02/completely-healed-of-the-cancer/

http://healingherald.org/?s=Cancer

I know this can be rough, I lost a Grandfather to cancer, but cancer is not a powerful force in the presence of God or His children. I am not afraid of it anymore. I have seen it healed! So Mike, be healed in Jesus name. AMen!

lynn / kev said...

"And now abide faith, hope, and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor. 13:13.
Faith--trusting, believing, relying on God.
Hope--in Christ alone, for forgiveness, for eternal life, He is ALL we need (John 14:6).
Love--love of God and love of others; sacrificial "agape" love, the love of God shed abroad in our hearts.
The apostle Paul distilled all Christian virtues down to just three--faith, hope & love. And these three abide...they remain.
No matter what happens in this life, God is in control and He loves His own. His love is eternal, and infinite. Just as He is eternal and infinite. Praise Him!
We love you all & we're praying. Lynnette, Kevin & the CG

Anonymous said...

..."pray that you will shut this door and an incredible light will flow from this room and that when the nurses come in, Mike will be sitting up talking and completely healed for God's Glory. Can you imagine the impact that could have? It is such an overwhelming and incredible thought."...

My prayers for you guys exactly...that God would be glorified!!!

In Christ,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray constantly and asking God's wisdom for you in every step. SO happy to hear the two couples that are with you and SO pleased to hear about your incredible calm! Love, Gini

Traci Estes said...

Deeanna, we are praying fervently for you, Mike, and Elizabeth! I hope you are able to rest when you can. Your posts on the blog are a testimony to the all encompassing grace and peace of our Father! Our God is so very good and He is showing himself right where you are! I start my day praying for you guys and then pray throughout the day. You are in my thoughts and prayers all day! Love you sweet friend!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Praying for your visual to be reality...may the Light (Jesus) shine through Mike in complete healing. That is our prayer. We also thank our Lord for your amazing friends and family. For laughter, for your peace...and especially for the cross!! Sending our love and faith...Roxanne and family

Anonymous said...

You all have been on my mind all day. Unfortunately we can't check the blog from Hurlburt website.

We continue to pray for you all!
God bless,
Cynthia