Monday, March 29, 2010

Weeping..

This past week has been a hard week. I haven't posted because I am just struggling. My birthday was this past weekend and I went through the motions but in the end, I didn't want to celebrate it. It is just too soon. There are times when I am so sad that it physically hurts and I don't want to talk about it. My sadness has nothing to do with my faith. I am completely confident of Jesus, of Mike in heaven, and God is so near us. But I am sad.

Interesting enough, last Wednesday at church, Curtis led a discussion from John 11 where Lazarus died and he raised him. But what stuck out to me, was the sadness that surrounded Lazarus's death. In fact there is one sentence in there that keeps coming to me over and over... Jesus wept. I take so much comfort in that. Even the most Holy cried and He knew that he was about to raise Lazarus. He knew Lazarus was safe and He knew the plans for Him, but He loved him so much that he was sad and cried. So as I struggle to move forward and what that looks like, I continue to look to Jesus to wrap me, hold me, and help me. But I know the tears are shed are ok too.

I have gotten about 60% of the paperwork done at this point. Maybe more. I have a meeting with Social Security Administration tomorrow, so hopefully that will be done by the time that meeting is done. I think I am at the point, where all the paperwork is in and now I am waiting for the next step which could take anywhere from 3 days to 30 days, depending on the organization. I am still not sure if I will have to probate Mike's will or not. So that might be another step. Everything is just going to take time. I continue to be impressed with USAA. They have always been a great bank, but I tell you they have been the easiest to work with by far. I continue to be horribly disappointed with First Command Financial Planning. I will be moving everything away from them as soon as possible. I have sent paperwork to the VA and am waiting on a response there and I just got the paperwork off to the AF and waiting the response there.

Prayer needs:
Just pray over me and Elizabeth... this road is full of unexpected valleys and peaks. Pray that we keep walking
Pray for direction for me

Praise:
My sweet daughter and her incredible gift yesterday. She wrote me a note from Mike and it sounded just like him. She also gave me a "Life Box" and filled it full of trinkets and notes like a cup to remind me that my cup overflows with Jesus.
Counseling at church
Cards, notes, emails, everything from Everybody. I hope to start pushing out Thank yous soon.
Meals from friends that are starting up this week. I turned them down last week, thinking it was time for me to kick things in gear. But the paperwork kept me from cooking and we had grilled cheese a lot last week.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. I'm praying for you. I wish I could just show up on your doorstep with lemon caper chicken in hand (you provide the Graeter's, since I can't!), and we could just have an evening of laughing and crying and being right where you are. Because Deanna, he may not have been my husband and I may not have lived closely with him for many years, but my heart is grieving deeply and I don't even know what to do with it. Other than sit with you.

Anonymous said...

I am sending you a thousand hugs, both of you.
xxxxxx Dawn

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
THANK YOU for continuing to share. I KNOW you are being upheld continually around the world to the KIng of Kings! Love, Gini for all here

Roxanne said...

Happy Birthday, my friend!! I wish your day could have been different...

I would do anything to take some of the pain away. You do whatever it takes to help you and Elizabeth heal. Pray, cry, laugh, etc...and keep "holding on tightly"....our Lord will carry you through these days! His power and love will never end. Hopefully knowing that you are lifted up in prayer and loved from all of your friends and family will also help. I'm sending a big hug and love and prayers to you and Elizabeth...Roxanne

lynn / kev said...

I heard one time that when Jesus wept in John 11 it was because He hates death. It wasn't God's intention that we have to die, but sin made it inevitable. Thank God that Mike has gone to his eternal home and there is no pain or death or tears there, and that's where we're all headed, those of us who believe in Him. I'm sorry I didn't get your birthday card mailed in time for your birthday, it's on the way. Just know we NEVER forget you, Deanna, and are praying for you and Elizabeth every day. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. We love you and wish we could do more. love, Lynnette PS. We had 11 kids pray to receive Christ yesterday in Sunday school! Praise GOD!!!

Anonymous said...

Although I know this walk right now is hard, we will continue to be with you in prayer and in whatever ways you need. Cling to Jesus, cry to Jesus, lift praise to Jesus, get angry with Jesus, and then just fall into His arms of comfort. He will turn your mourning into dancing Deanna and Elizabeth...at some point you will count it all joy and you WILL be reunited with that wonderful man of God one day. Mike would want you to only mourn for a season and then continue to work you both started in bringing others into His kingdom.
We love you now and always.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Deanna! I think of you both often and continue to pray for you...I know that is all I say to you on here pretty much, but I just want you to know that even though we never met you are never far from my heart in prayer!

I do not remember if you bought a house or not, but if you did I wanted to tell you about something (at least it is available here in Tucson, not sure if it is everywhere) but it is called widows taxes, and it cuts you property tax way down...we did not find this out until three years after my dad died...so I thought I would just share that info with you just in case it proves helpful.

Because of Christ!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you Deanna. I'm praying for you and Elizabeth everyday.

Stephanie Brentwood

Anonymous said...

I like to look at the sky and think about all the things out there beyond my sight, that i KNOW are there, even though i can't ever see them and never will. Please know that all our prayers are there for you all day every day in the same way -- you can't see them, or hear them, and i'm sure in the depths of this time you can't feel them -- but they are there. Much much love, Kathleen

Unknown said...

I am thinking of you and praying for you! Thank you for keeping us informed.
French toast also works well when you don't feel like cooking for real.

Anonymous said...

Deanna & Elizabeth,
My BS ladies prayed for you yesterday and Elizabeth's sweet gestures to her Mom brought many smiles to the ladies (all mothers!). Love & prayers, Gini