Thursday, March 18, 2010

Last Night in London

I am sad that our time is done here. We have had so much fun and the weather has been perfect. We have done everything on our must do list and then some including finding geocache's all around the city. I have shopped, eaten pasties, fish and chips, chocolate and had my fill of lemonade. It has been a great diversion. But with every minute that ticks by, my heart gets sad and my mind starts to float to going home. I want to go. BUT I don't want to go home. BUT I have to go home. Tomorrow is the day that I have to turn another page. I need to jump on paperwork, getting Elizabeth back to school, getting counseling together for both of us. Please pray for us as we travel back to the States and back to a life without Mike waiting for us at the airport.

This will also be the first time Elizabeth and I will return home without a secret animal message on Elizabeth's bed. Whenever Elizabeth would go on a trip, Mike would pull out all of her stuff animals (tons!) and create a secret message like a heart or "i luv u" . It always brought a smile.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna & Elizabeth,
SO GLAD you had great weather and got to do so much in London. We (and tons of other people!) continue to pray for your "new" life. Love, Gini

Anonymous said...

PS...we tried to view Mike's celebration of life but the site "didn't recognize our email". Are we supposed to put your email address in???? Gini

Anonymous said...

Gini,
Yes register with the main church site (they assure that they will not spam anyone...not that I think a church would even do that, but they said that and I thought i'd let you know as well.) Anyhow then go back to the link Deanna posted and use the password, then you should be all set.
In Christ,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Many prayers for safe travels. xo kathleen

The Chalmers said...

I will now pray for strength! You can do this Deanna. You are one of the strongest people I know!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had an awesome trip and praying for safe travels home.
Your family will be waiting for you with open and loving arms!
Thinking of you and Elizabeth everyday!

Sandie said...

I have you both in my prayers. Have a safe journey back home.
-Sanide Grisé

Anonymous said...

Wendy...should you start arranging animals???? Just a thought. Trying to think of a way that might make Elizaeth's return home easier?!? (Again, God bless you for everything you've done!)

Deanna...still praying for you both! Love, Roxanne

lynn / kev said...

Don't be afraid, the LORD is always with you, as you know so well (Is. 41:10). Open your Bible, Deanna, it is full of comfort and God's eternal promises. He has you in the shelter of His wings. We're praying for you with much love, Lynnette

Anonymous said...

Deanna and Elizabeth,
We can't wait to see you and hear all about your adventures in London. We are praying for your safe return and that God will hold you as you walk through the doors of your house and wrap his big arms around you and Elizabeth. He will carry you through His word, His people, and His promises.You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. We are here for you in whatever you need, whenever you need it.
We love you!
Your family