Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spiritual vs. Physical Reality

Mike has had some steps back in the past 24 hours. His right lung continues to be an issue with fluid now and still pneumonia. His oxygen went down so much yesterday that we put him on on Bipap machine. It is basically like a sleep apnea machine. When he takes a breath in forces oxygen in. He did well for awhile, but has had periods of low oxygen that are concerning. I don't know how to blog what I see. Dr. Bo continues to come every day and adjust Mike in the hospital. Again, he has been one of those consist people in our journey that I don't blog about and one of the many things that we do outside of conventional medicine that makes a difference. Anyway, Dr. Bo always talks about the physical world and the spiritual truth. So that is the way I will try to explain things.... physical world it appears that Mike is truly struggling. Last night was another time when Mike almost went home to Jesus. But again he turned and fought. Spiritual truth is God is SO near and in control. God still has room to work here. God CAN still work here. That is the TRUTH and a fact. That is where we are.

I went to the doctor and she relented and put me on antibiotics. 24 hours later, I finally feel better. But this bump in the road for me had lead to another learning lesson and praise. I am going to praise all friends and family that have allowed me to be at home. So much coordination and people just loving on Mike. It is amazing. Then, we also discover a company that my Dad and Giact has graciously hired for Mike. We have two wonderful women that are Certified Nursing Assistants that are sitting around the clock with Mike - day and night. They are documenting everything, helping care for Mike, and just making sure everything within our humanly power is done to help Mike. It is comforting and reassuring. Mike is being loved on in so many ways. Prayer over by so many people. Cared for by so many people. What a treasure he is and he is such an incredible fighter and a witness to so many people.

Prayer:
Mike - everything...
Deanna - rest and strength and that God will physically carry me and give me wisdom for Mike's care and Elizabeth's heart
Elizabeth - strength and peace that can only come from God at this point. She is struggling
Wendy - we have been basically functioning as one person. She is staying up late at night with Mike and sleeping during the day. I am sleeping at night and now can come up here during the day. It is making this journey bearable for Elizabeth and allowing her to sleep with me and night and just be held and comforted all night. But I don't want to wear Wendy out so pray for her as well please.

Praise:
Friends, family and Giact for all measures taken to wrap Mike is total care and see to every need
Prayers
The ability to witness to nurses and tell our story and about Mike's Faith
Wendy befriending another patient here - I will blog his name later

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying. Today I have already asked the Lord if today could be the day that the cancer and the pain leaves and Mike gets out of bed to proclaim the healing power of God. I ask it every day. I will keep asking it every day.

Love to you all...and Hi, Wendy!

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are always in our thoughts and prayers but Elizabeth is very much in our prayers...especially Heidi's since she is her age and probably can "understand" her feelings a bit more than I sure could! Love, Gini

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and the family! What a wonderful
dad you have! I know how much your family
loves you, Elizabeth , and Mike! May God continue
to heal your body and give you the strength and
watch over Mike! Praying for His Perfect Peace
to spill out in that hospital room!
Susan

lynn / kev said...

We're praying and won't quit. "The battle belongs to the LORD" and everything belongs to the LORD! Thank GOD! Our love to you all, L&K

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you are able to be there for Elizabeth. I will be praying for Mike, you, Elizabeth and all of the people who "loving on Mike."

Lifting you up in prayer,
Stephanie Brentwood

Unknown said...

We continue to pray for you all. It is no surprise Wendy has befriended another patient...we will pray for that person as well, and also for all the doctors and nurses. God is great, and greatly to be praised.

Hoss

Sandie said...

You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Sandie and Lucien Grisé
RAF Croughton, England

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers today and everyday. God is working right now. Bless you all.