Monday, March 1, 2010

Schedule together.. Thank you

Just a quick update, Mike continues to be the same. No big strides forward, but more importantly no big strides back.

Thank you to everyone for your support and I know that so many of you would be here if you could to help out. My family has gotten a schedule together for the next day or so. It is my understanding that they have it covered as they have always done. I think sometimes I tend to blog about people coming in and out to help because it is amazing that dear friends will take time, money, and effort for us. But my family has been constant during this entire walk. So I don't want to give the impression that they are not here, because they are. Sometimes I purposely send them back to their lives when I have friends that are here helping. I do that to protect them and give them rest. So to my family, I want to publicly blog thank you for everything. For the money, for the house, for the cleaning, for the laundry, for the food, for the research, for taking care of Elizabeth, for taking care of bell, for the hospital visits, for the coordination, for the rescue, for the calls, for the honey do's, for everything...

So to everyone who is constantly protecting us, building us up, strengthening us, praying for us, loving us even when we don't deserve it, thank you. This journey does not have the words to describe the pain, frustration, joy, life, love, grace and mercy. I can tell you truthfully that without my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I couldn't stand. He is my strength and my shield.

Please continue to pray for Mike, Elizabeth and I. My praise today is for family and friends that have come to my rescue in my hour of need.

8 comments:

lynn / kev said...

We thank God for you all--What a blessing that you were here in Tucson as long as you were, it was God's gift to us! We consider it a privilege to pray for you and we won't stop! Blessings in abundance (Eph. 3:20-21) & love in Christ alone, Lynnette, Kevin & the Com Group

Anonymous said...

This came to my ears when reading your blog. We all know He's your rock and we praise God for your witness. Still praying! Kathleen

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Thanks so much for the blog. Last week at BSF we sang a hymn "Deeper and Deeper" and I thought of you but now I can't find the hymn in either of my hymn books! Have you heard of it? Love, Gini

Anonymous said...

To Gini, for Deanna, I found this on the web, here www.scriptureandmusic.com

I do not know if it is indeed the exact hymn you were talking about, but here is the one I found anyhow.

Deeper and Deeper

1. Into the heart of Jesus
Deeper and deeper I go,
Seeking to know the reason
Why He should love me so,
Why He should stoop to lift me
Up from the miry clay,
Saving my soul, making me whole,
Though I had wandered away.

2. Into the will of Jesus,
Deeper and deeper I go,
Praying for grace to follow,
Seeking His way to know;
Bowing in full surrender
Low at His blessed feet,
Bidding Him take, break me and make,
Till I am molded, complete.

3. Into the cross of Jesus
Deeper and deeper I go,
Following through the garden,
Facing the dreaded foe;
Drinking the cup of sorrow,
Sobbing with broken heart,
"O Savior, help! Dear Savior, help!
Grace for my weakness impart."

4. Into the joy of Jesus
Deeper and deeper I go,
Rising, with soul enraptured,
Far from the world below.
Joy in the place of sorrow,
Peace in the midst of pain,
Jesus will give, Jesus will give;
He will uphold and sustain.

5. Into the love of Jesus
Deeper and deeper I go,
Praising the One Who brought me
Out of my sin and woe;
And through eternal ages
Gratefully I shall sing,
"O how He loved! O how He loved!
Jesus, my Lord and my King!"

Lyrics: Oswald Jeffrey Smith
Music: Oswald Jeffrey Smith

Anonymous said...

YES!! That's it Kelly! Thanks so much! Deanna, I hope you will be blessed by it! Love. Gini

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had people come to your rescue; I really wish I were closer and could get away to help you.

Know that you are not in this walk alone. You all are so dearly loved and anyone would do anything possible to help you. Even those of us far away love you and continue to pray for you all!

Hope you are feeling better!
Love,
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Dear Deanna,
Prayers with you today and every day. We read and re-read and pray! Today the song in my head is the camp song "He's my rock my sword my shield, he's the hub in the center of the wheel, he's the fairest of 10,000 he's the bright and morning star! I don't care what people may say, I'm gonna get on my knees and pray, I'm going to meet my Lord in the glory by and by!" Thanking God for you -- asking HIM for protection on you, Mike, Elizabeth.xo Kathleen

Kathie Ladner said...

Continuing to pray for you and Elizabeth and Mike...and Wendy, and all the precious family and friends that are standing in the gap. You are an awesome lady, Deanna, Your loyalty, love and faith are something to behold. I pray specifically for rest, for the continued peace that passes all understanding. I pray that communication and trust between you and the doctors/staff are clear and open and honest. I pray mostly that God's incredible love and power is so evident that there is no doubt to anyone that He is Jehovah Jirah- We love you.

Kathie Ladner