Saturday, March 6, 2010

Plans to Celebrate Mike's Life

This is a quick notification for everyone.

Visitation will be at Turrentine Jackson and Morrow in McKinney Monday Night from 5:00 - 7:00 pm

Services will be at First Baptist Church of McKinney Tuesday at 2:30 pm with graveside to follow at Pecan Grove Historic Cemetery. A reception will be held at Scott and Kathy's house following the burial.

A few quick notes:

Thank you....
Services are come as you are and whatever makes you comfortable
Finally, please no flowers or plants. We are establishing a fund for Elizabeth and then also asking for memorial donations to either JARS or Feed the Children. I will post more information about that. Right now, Elizabeth and I are off to spend time together. So many have already helped us in the journey and that was a life giving memorial to Mike and Elizabeth and I. Thank you.

Finally, I think we will be able to stream the services online through our church for our dear friends and family all over the world that want to be here, but can't.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continuing to hold you in our prayers as you and Elizabeth continue to bring God glory in the coming days, weeks, months & years!
Love in Christ!
Kelly

lynn / kev said...

Thanks so much for keeping us informed, Deanna. I'm so glad to know about the church streaming the service because we want so bad to be there. Thanks for arranging that! Love to you & Elizabeth. Our prayers are with you, Lynnette

Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce said...

Love you guys Deanna. Mike was a great American and even greater Christian while with us here. I get a lot of comfort from Mercy Me's "I Can Only Imagine." What was Mike's reaction when he got to heaven? I anticipate finding out, someday.

CihakClan said...

Bri and I were going to try to hop back but won't make it in time... know we will be on the other side of the camara's though! I'll write soon with some thoughts God gave me about Mike and about our summer plans, Hopefully we can get together then. Elizabeth, Bri wanted me to pass on her concern and love. Maybe soon we can figure out a time to call?
Still with you in prayer!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deanna, We are continuing to lift you and Elizabeth and the rest of the family in our prayers. Christen and Hannah wanted me to tell you that they miss Elizabeth and are very sad for her. They know that her daddy is having fun with Jesus! Would love to have the opportunity to see the service. What a homegoing celebration it will be! Blessings from the Robinsons. Neal, Rhonda,Maxine,Hannah, & Christen.

Anonymous said...

Deanna and Elizabeth,
You are being prayed for LOTS & LOTS by people here in ABQ who don't know you but care! Deanna, thanks for the info. You continue to be awesome! Gini

Anonymous said...

You remain in my prayers. I love you very much.

I wish I could make it there for the celebration. However, that day is Hannah's birthday and so in my heart I'll be here celebrating both Mike's life and Hannah's. Can you believe she's 19? Amazing!

I hope to join in online, if that option really is available.

-Lisa