Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Visitor and my big mistake of the day!

I missed blogging last night. Mike's Mother flew in from Ohio yesterday and left this afternoon. She slept out in the living room where the computer is located. She went to bed early since she got up early to fly here.



I am constantly encouraged when people tell me about all the people/friends keeping track of and praying for Mike. Truly people all over the world are praying. I told Wendy that I have created this funny story in my head. God is up in heaven and he is being berated with prayer for Mike at all hours of the day and night. Finally, he rubs his temples and he says enough already and gives Mike that miraculously healing. Kind of like the parable of the judge in Luke 18: 2-6. HOWEVER, I know that is not in God's character. He is probably over joyed to hear everyone lift Mike up to Him and he is just smiling at the time you are spending on your knees in a relationship with Him. So, as we continue down this journey, we continue to say to God be the Glory. The more you (and we) are on our knees, the more God is Glorified so it will be the greatest Victory!



Mike's Mom came in and I prepared her for what she might see in Mike. I was a little afraid that it would overwhelm her. However, she encourage my heart when she said he did not look nearly as bad as she had been prepared for. She even thought he had some color in his face. However, the color comes and goes depending on the level of pain and the amount of throw up (you probably didn't need to know that!). She spent the afternoon with Mike. She was even treated to a detox foot bath. After we went back to the condo, Mike slept. I asked his mom to stay with him and Elizabeth and I headed to Manasota Beach for more Shark Tooth Hunting. We even invested in this medal wire scoop/strainer contraption. We were there for about 2 hours and we worked together to find more shark teeth. The water was calm and clear and shallow for at least 20 feet out. We found teeth by just walking in the water and spotting black triangles on the sand. We also found teeth (mostly baby shark teeth) at the water's edge. We would scoop the sand and put it in a strainer. It was fun just to watch Elizabeth. I have to admit, we had a good time and it really took my mind off of Mike for a while. That is probably bad to put down in writing, but true none the less.



This morning we woke up and headed to the IV Clinic. Linda stayed with Mike for a little bit while Elizabeth and I did our morning errands. We then took her to Veggie-Magic for lunch. She loved that place! By the time lunch was over, it was time for her to leave. She did give me a huge compliment. She said that I was doing a great job taking care of and supporting Mike. That meant a lot.



So Linda left, and I took Mike to his breathing/emotional therapy and now we are at the ANWC doing LBG. I have paid the bills and now I have a moment to catch everyone up. Sunday in our 21st day of IV Therapy. Right now we have a few more colonic, a few more breathing therapies, and we are going to schedule an CT Scan for either late this week or early next week so we can compare results.



Be in prayer for the results. Pray that the Scan's will show God's healing on the inside of his body. We have seen it on the outside, but we want to see it on the inside.



I also want to remind everyone that it is a victory if the cancer is unchanged. We were told that it was particularly aggressive and that with no treatment, Mike had 60 days. We are 30 days into that first time window. Stopping the cancer growth rate is a miracle because once we get that under control we can start chipping away at it. Honestly, when it is all said and done, Mike is doing Chemotherapy here. He is just using more natural substances that don't tear apart the body. That is why sometimes the days get hard. I think when I began this journey, I thought that it would be easier than what it actually is. Somewhere along the way, I have come to realize that no one beats cancer by "tiptoeing through the tulips." You have to fight and fight hard, because the cancer will fight just as hard.



I will confess that I did something today that I promised myself I wouldn't do. I read through Mike's Medical records. I got to the point where it said "terminal" and I stopped and put them away. It was so cold to read. But as I am sitting here, typing my way through tonight's therapy session (ie the blog), that report was written by a human. She looked at everything she knew and it was based on her knowledge. In the end, there was one thing left out before the diagnosis was made... The unseen, and all knowing God. In the end, it His plan that will prevail. His plan for Mike and His ultimate plan for all believers!

Specific prayer request:
Pray for sleep/rest for Mike
Pray Mike has the strength to take supplements on regular basis
Pray that the pain in his stomach will be as little as possible
Pray for Healing and that the CT Scan will be cause to rejoice

5 comments:

wiegand said...

Deanna,

I'm technologically ashamed. I just discoverd how to comment on the blog.

Solita and I continue to be in prayer.

You might ask Bill about Mike's calorie and type of calorie intake (fats and carbohydrates) to help with his light-headiness.

In His Service,
Ron and Solita

The Chalmers said...

As I pray for you every morning and every night, I wanted you to know that your faith and belief gives me inspiration every day to belive. I will pray for what you ask, but I also pray for your continued strenghth and health.

Many Blessings
Dawn

The Chalmers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mike, Deanna and Elizabeth:

We are praying for you each day and asking God to heal and to give you strength. We'll pray for your mom as well. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Mark

Bob_Jean_George said...

Mike, Deanna, and Elizabeth,

Hebrews 6:19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.

3rd verse of hymn:
In times like these we have a Savior,
In times like these we have an anchor;
we're very sure, we're very sure; our anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock;
This Rock is Jesus; Yes, He's the One;
This Rock is Jesus, The only One; We're very sure, we're very sure, our anchor holds and and grips the Solid Rock; Ruth Caye Jones, 1944

Mike, you're awesome! --Service to AWANA. Faithful husband, father, follower of Jesus. Faithful supporter of our brother Christian GH,in his time of need, after his double leg amputations. Diligent service to our country. Timothy I and II Bible class student and teacher. I'm honored to call you brother. Thank you, Sir, for being an example of the believer.
Deanna, what a faithful wife, carrying out your marriage vow in sickness and in health. Faithful mother. In His Hand and holding tight. We'll keep praying for God's Grace, Strength, Wisdom,and Peace and Love to you in these tough times.
Elizabeth, your dad has shared with me how proud he is of you--inviting friends to church so they can learn about Jesus. That is great! Keep up the good work. Hope you're able to be in AWANA some there along the way.
Christian has calmed down a lot, accepting his handicap, and is even appreciative of the helpers there at Posada del Sol (a miracle!) I take my keyboard and we sing hymns which seems to help calm him a lot. In case Elizabeth might want to drop him a card, he's at
Posada del Sol Wing 600
2250 N. Craycroft
Tucson, AZ 85712
Our new preacher is doing well at Christ Community. Church is growing. One push is each family take at least one address of our neighborhood and put flyer on their door warning them they will get some CD's in the mail about is Christianity true and Jesus' story for children--giving them invitation to our church, and listing the available ministries.
Jean and I made it back to Dallas, Texas for visit with son Steve, his wife Amy, and June, Age 6, Kate 4, and Van 1. All doing well. Raytheon is keeping me busy.
We'll keep praying that God will keep working in all of your lives, and restore you back to His Service, Mike.
Grace, Peace and Mercy be with you all in these tough times.
Bob and Jean George