Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday...

Well, after the brief energy spurt, Mike a is very tired today. He had his last IV Therapy treatment this morning. We were late because Mike had a extra rough morning. However, we still got some quiet time this morning. I was able to wake up a little early and sit in bed with him and read a little from the Bible. We always end with Psalms 91 and I love to put Mike's name in it, but this morning we read about David and Jonathan. It was nice because it reminded us of all our friends (& family) that continue to take care of us out there.

Anyway, Mike did not sleep much last night and the meds were rough on his stomach. We did get him to the IV Clinic, but he spent the most of his time throwing up. He was exhausted but we still headed on to the Wellness Center. He did about 10 minutes of LBG before it was too painful and he was pulled off. Bill came in and we decided to put him on oxygen and let him nap all afternoon. I don't want to alarm anyone. He wasn't put on oxygen because he couldn't breathe, it was truly because he was just exhausted and to give him a boost. He asked me to stay with him while he napped. So I pulled up a chair and put my feet up. It started raining and thundering and I promptly fell asleep. Thunderstorms make me sleepy, especially in the afternoon. (That makes me think of Dawn!! We both have the same issue!) We also then rescheduled his emotional/breathing therapy for tomorrow. He was supposed to do that from 5:00 -6:00 pm today.

The good thing that happened today is that we worked out a meal plan/nutrition for Mike with one of Bill's colleagues. Broch and I came up with plan. We need Mike to get his strength back so we can go home for a little bit anyway. We went out and got organic baby food for Mike and some Whey Protein along with 2 different enzymes to help in the digestion. So tonight for dinner, Mike had 2 bites of hummus, 3 raspberries, 3 bites of peas, 1 prune, and the whey protein drink. We added enzymes to take in the beginning that will help his body digest the food in his stomach, and then another one after he was done eating to help calm his stomach and work in the intestines. I am excited to help get him built back up.

We have a praise tonight. Teri's Dad - the one we asked you to pray for today - made it through his surgery for Lung Cancer. They removed the tumor, part of his lung and ribs. It was a 7 hour surgery, but he made it. Thank you God.

Please continue to pray for Mike. Pray specifically that we will be able to get nutrition into him and to get his digestive system working. Pray for our testing tomorrow at 2:00 pm. Pray for energy for all of us. Pray that we will be able to get his full protocol of medication into him every day. It becomes more important because we are stopping the IV Therapy. May God Bless you!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thinking of you as you await the testing today .... may God grant good results and a miracle of this chapter of your journey. I have faith that HE will provide you comfort and strength; as He always does. Hang in there . ..your climbing back up that mountain and there will be joy. I hope all the prayer warriors out there will focus now more than ever .....I am currently taking the Beth Moore study called Stepping Up. I'm learning so much about the Psalms. I know exactly where Mike and Deanna found those encouraging scriptures. In a nutshell . . .He is there for us and He is fighting for us. We are to simply give it all to HIM. I know that He has your healing in His hands and He is working. Thank you for doing the blogs. I don't know where you find the words or the energy ...
All my prayers and love,
Carrie