Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankfulness

This might be a long post. So much has happened. I will start with Mike. We had a retest today and we saw the improvements in his overall health. We we got her all 1o of his body systems were stressed and couldn't hold the meridian line. Today all but 2 systems did. So that is a great improvement. Mike has been having pain in his left side. We have determined that it is probably pancreatitis. So we will start working on that tomorrow. Mike has begun the IV treatments again today. We are putting him on a 10 day regime and walking back the doses of the Vitamin C over that time period. So we will not be home this weekend. Hopefully next weekend.

There has been a lot of medical discussion about Mike around the country. Bill called a doctor in Phoenix to inquire about laser surgery for his tumor. However the laser will not work with the kind of tumor Mike has.

Tomorrow we will start his vaccine that was specially made for him in Washington State. We will also be doing a new treatment that they are bringing in for Mike at the Wellness Center for his pancreatitis. We still need Mike to drink more, eat more, and keep supplements down. We have pared down all the supplements to Natura 201 and Bao Kung. That is it. We need Mike to hold then Natura 201 down.

Ok. So I wasn't going to blog about this, but after today and especially tonight, I can't keep this to myself. Melissa called Tuesday night and I lost it. I was just so tired and so un-me (I just made that word up!). Something about this journey has stripped away my old self. I use to be able to think, make decisions, ask questions, and just be more forward thinking. I am so caught in the right now. Melissa could here my breakdown and she once again knew what I needed. She sent Pierre to us. He arrived late last night, spent the day here, and is leaving to go back to Dallas in the morning. Pierre has been through the cancer journey with his mom and with Melissa. That brought me comfort. Just knowing someone has been down the road was coming to help. But then Melissa took it a step further and book a spa day for me at the Ritz-Carlton. Pierre took over and took Mike where he needed to be. Most of all, he spent the day with Elizabeth. She absolutely fell in love with him. He made her laugh - the belly kind of laugh. He took her to Sweet Tomatoes and to the beach. He watched her play PSP. He got her to talk and she told him about her fears and all her issues she has been harboring since we PCS'd from Tucson. When he left tonight after she begged him to stay, she ran in and cried. Really cried. She fell in love with him. However, guess where Pierre lives? McKinney! My home town that we visit a billion times a year. So we will be calling on Pierre!

Pierre inspired us. He is in the ministry and he talked about just loving people. We prayed together and he sang to us. Words are failing me right now. I feel so strong right now. The day seems like a dream and an angel from God was sent to us.

I am excited for tomorrow. We are doing fine. My Aunt Mary is flying here on Saturday and staying with us through Thursday. I am going to send Mary and Elizabeth to Orlando for a treat for Elizabeth. She has been so good. She does school everyday by herself. She is a big help and I think it would be good for her to go have fun.

All we need right now is your continue prayers. Thank you for staying with us on this journey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike & Deann,
Bonnie and I have been reading your blog tonight and I've also been keeping tabs with your Dad. We're hopeful that this new regime will work and give you some relief soon. Also, having Aunt Mary come and visit this weekend will be uplifting and be of great comfort for Elizabeth. We know that they will have a good time whatever they do. Tom and I will be back in FL around the 18th and if there's anything we can do please don't hestitate to ask. I'll be in touch either by phone or email. Take care and know that our prayers are with you all daily.
Love, Aunt Gay & Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
We of the UK prayer battalion continue with your specific request for the early morning prayers for you both to rest. Between 6 and 7 a.m. our time, we pray (which would be between 1 and 2 a.m. your time). You and Mike are ALWAYS in our prayers and NEVER far from our minds. I'm going to use the prayer multiplier now (that sounds like something from a Christian Dr. Who;-). xo,Kathleen and Tom Muhlbauer

Dear Jesus,
You promise us rest for the weary, joy for the downtrodden and hope for the faithful. We know you are strong enough for our spoken and unspoken needs. Bless Mike and Deanna and Elizabeth with rest, healing, protection. Meet their needs unspoken and unknown to earthly hearts and minds, but heard and understood by your omnipotent wisdom. We ask all this as you raise them up in health to YOUR GLORY. Amen.