Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday..Test... Tired

This one will be short. I am more tired tonight than I have been in a long time. I plan to go to bed as soon as I have posted. I know everyone is anxiously awaiting results of the test today.

Mike has a very rough night last night. He had a lot of pain in the middle left quadrant of his stomach. To make a long story short, we need Mike's lower half of his digestion track to start working. He is clogged up. We will be doing colonic three days in a row. We spent most of the test trying to figure out what will work for Mike and really didn't get around to the whole testing. So we will be going in on Thursday AM to finish. So I don't really have any news for you really.

Good news:
  • Mike's liver is still very soft and functioning well.
  • His eyes are whiter than they have ever been.
  • He also got a haircut and a shave today at a Barber Shop. He doesn't look like he has been stuck in the back woods somewhere anymore!

Prayer needs:

  • Pray that Mike will take more fluids. His stomach has been hurting so bad that he didn't get much in. That is complicating the constipation issue.
  • Pray that he will rest
  • Pray that he will continue to eat a little more at each meal
God Moving:
  • I will blog more tomorrow when I am rested. God has worked a great act tonight again. I have been praying for wisdom and a peace and He answered in a mighty way tonight.. in an unexpected and Mighty way.
  • John the turtle guy... May God Bless you for your act of kindness. Thank you so much!
  • At the Barber Shop - one of the ladies daughter-in-law has just been diagnosed with Lymphoma. I was able to share our treatment briefly and leave a card with her with the ANWC number. God may have allowed us to plant a seed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike & Deanna, pray that you both are seeing this after much needed rest and restoration. I was fortunate to take a bunch of teens camping this past weekend in a remote part of North West Alabama. We did a night land navigation exercise in very low moonlight. As a result, the vast expanse of the heavens was breathtaking. I took full advantage, and spent some time looking and considering the courage, love and witness that you two reflect. Just want to keep you assured there are legions who are praying for you at the same time as they are inspired by you. GOD BLESS
The W Family

Fancy Nanc said...

Deanna, Mike, and Elizabeth,
Although you are tired and weary, there is rest for you in Him. He gives strength to the weak as well as power. Rest in His arms and allow Him to carry you.
Fervently praying for you.
Nancie

Anonymous said...

Deanna, Mike and Elizabeth'

Thanks for keeping us posted on your situation. We continue to pray for healing and that God would grant you the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Mike and Deanna,
Please know that we here in Chesapeake, VA are praying for your family and especially for Mike's healing and comfort. I had the pleasure of serving with Mike at the 612 CPS a few years back before I retired there. Mike was also able to have dinner with me and a few friends last fall when I was back in Tucson for a visit. It was good seeing you Mike! My favorite Psalm when I need support from the LORD in Psalm 27, "The LORD is my light and my salvation -whom shall I fear?"
May God keep you in His hand as He always has...Doug Cammel