Sunday, October 26, 2008

A short blog on the past few days and God's protection and plan for us

I don't even know where to start with this blog. Thank you everyone for being patient. Everything just happened so fast. I want to start off by declaring "How awesome is my God and his timing is perfect!"



Thank you to Carrie and Dena and Nancie for everything you did to help us move from Sarasota to McKinney on less than 12 hours notice. Our van arrived today and everything was there. Thank you.



Do you know how sometimes God moves things to save you? Well that is what happened. We boarded the most amazing plane. It was absolutely beautiful and only had 60 hours on it. Dad hired a flying nurse to fly with us in case Mike had severe pain issues flying. Mark was great as were Mike and Bill who flew the plane. We took off for McKinney. I was so unsettled. There were so many emotions going on. But God spoke to me and said, " Peace be still." At that point I had such a huge peace and had a vision that God was picking the plane up in His hand and landing it in McKinney.

Mike did so well on the flight. In fact, his stats were better in the air than on the ground (truth!). I told him it was because that is Mike's body relaxing and at peace flying, like it is saying I am home.



We land in McKinney to a welcome wagon. There was a fire truck, signs, flags, - a real hero's welcome. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. We didn't have time to really absorb it because we had a meeting with Dr. Rae in Dallas. He specializes in Environmental Health and nutrition. We get there and go through everything and they draw labs on Mike. We then head back to my sister's house and everything is there for us. Food, friends and family. We finally go to bed.



Thursday is the next day. Elizabeth started school and we went back to the Doctor's office. At the same time, my mom is undergoing surgery to remove her uterus and the cancer that is there. We get to the Dr's office and they want to redraw blood from Mike. To make a LONG day short, Mike had almost no red blood cells. His level was 3. If we would have stayed longer, Mike would have had a stroke and died. But God's timing is perfect and he saved him. We went to the emergency room and spent 2 days in the hospital getting blood. Mike ended up getting 6 bags of blood and his level is up to 8.1. The whole time, Melissa and Evelyn and Giact didn't leave our sides. We even got to meet Pastor Herman. He prayed for us in the emergency room and anointed Mike with oil. Mike felt his esophagus and stomach burn. He prayed for me and touched me. I saw Jesus's face twice. It was so powerful and overwhelming.

We spent the next two days in the hospital. Mike slept in a bed and I slept on this fold out chair thing that was not very comfortable. So as you can imagine, I was too tired to blog. We got out late last night (9:00 pm) and then we had to get Elizabeth and get home. I then made up an IV bag for Mike of Vit C. So I really didn't fall asleep until 3:00 am this morning.

Today is Sunday and we are still here. Mike met with Dr. Teleran for 4.5 hours this afternoon. We will also meet with him in the morning. He is going to do a blood test on Mike. This blood test will tell him about his immune system and if he has enough antibodies to fight cancer. The results take about a week. So I am calling on all our prayer warriors to pray specifically that Mike will have enough antibodies. Now I still believe that God can cure this without them. I just know that He will. I mean, God has already saved him once. God doesn't leave a work unfinished.

I have to admit, I broke down today. It was so silly to be honest. Nancie, my sister, dropped off the van at the house. It was packed to the nine with all the stuff from Sarasota and from the house. I took one look at it and started to cry. It was so overwhelming to me. No, I wasn't mad at Nancie. She had just taken time off work and flew to Sarasota to drive my van the 20 plus hour drive here. She has also moved out of her house and let us move in until we can get our stuff packed up and moved here. It was just a moment where I felt overwhelmed and that I couldn't do one more thing. But then I heard about what is going on with Melissa right now and I smacked myself around a little bit. I just started to unload one box at a time.

Also, this week we will be working on our Medical Retirement from the Air Force. We have come to the decision that we have to let a few things go to concentrate on getting Mike better. We will be moving to McKinney and moving into my brother's old house for awhile. The best thing is that I know all the neighbors and Elizabeth is in her cousin's class at school. God is good and He is still with us. He will never leave or forsake us.

Please continue to pray for:
God's divine wisdom as we walk through the maze of Dr's and therapies
Sleep for everyone
Family time that doesn't revolve around cancer
Mike to eat more
Mike to drink more
Mike to be able to take all the regime
Mike has cancer fighting antibodies
Elizabeth as she tackles her 4th school in one year
Me... sleep, composure, strength, and Godly hugs

Thank you to the Iverson's and the Prices. I was just able to go through the mail. I will publish our new address once we get everything packed up and moved in.

Also, we have a great house in Shalimar that is for sale if anyone knows anyone that needs a house!!!

We love you all. I will slowly get around to all the emails over the next few days.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm relieved to hear from you, though I knew you'd likely be too busy and too exhausted to update your blog for a while.

I will miss you here in Florida but I am grateful for all God is doing. I know you will feel settled and cared-for there in TX, and I'm very happy about that.

I am still praying. Like you said, God's done this much so far...and we know that once He starts something, He finishes it!

Love to you all...

-Lisa

Fancy Nanc said...

Deanna, Mike, and Elizabeth,
I am praying for all of you as you encounter new opportunities everyday. It was my pleasure to bring the van to you and God did so many things on the drive here I will have to tell you about at a later time. Suffice it to say, He was definitely the one in charge and we got to see some neat works of His hand.
Just like the sand I brought back for you from Destin, remember that He knows the number of grains of sand on the earth as well as the number of hairs on your head and if He pays that much attention to the smallest details in our lives, He has definitely got you and Mike covered. Hang in there and cling to Him as well as to all of us. We can be your strength when strength fails you....along with the Lord of course. I love you all.
Nancie

Anonymous said...

A great relief to hear from you!
Bruce