Sunday, October 5, 2008

A flash of energy tonight

Some switch has turned with Mike tonight and I am so recharged because of that and a few things that have happened today. Mike has had the energy tonight to return 3 phone calls and he has been sitting up in bed. That is a huge step over the past really week or so.

First, I need to take care of some things that Mike asked me to specifically bog. To Tony and everyone at Al Udid (? not sure on spelling). Mike said that he could not think of a better leadership team to have over there and Mike will be praying for your every success. To everyone, Mike feels that our family is in the middle of a huge spiritual attack. Since August, Mike's Grandmother and Uncle have been in the hospital battling there own illnesses that are significant. My family has had significant health issues as you are all aware. He needs and wants everyone to pray for divine protection and for Satan to be bound and thrown in the Lake of Fire.

Now, the biggest battle that Mike seems to face is at night. The pain seems to increase along with the gas. It is the hardest to make it to the morning for him. He struggles to sleep. It seems that the best sleep he is getting is during the day at the different treatments. I also had a hard time sleeping last night. So I want to specifically ask everyone that is on the other side of the world to continue praying for us. Your daytime prayers are covering us in the darkness.

I made the mistake of researching online last night. I am still amazed that the Internet can bring us incredible blessings from each of you, but at the same time allow the spirit of fear to creep in a little at a time. The more I dwelled on what I read the worse it got. I finally woke up very early and spent some time in the Word this morning. It did bring a sense of calm and peace this morning. Then through out the day, God has spoken to me even more definitive. Here is what He revealed: the statistics are just that and in the end, they don't apply to us. Mike has always said that you can manipulate data to say anything. I believe that. But above that, those statistics are based on the traditional route of medicine (chemo, radiation and surgery). I wish I could download some of the videos and books that I have been viewing and reading from. There is so much information out there. One book that I would recommend is Anti Cancer: A New Way of Life. Probably the worst thing about Cancer is that when it happens, you are just thrown into the middle of it without any knowledge of anything. You can't even think of questions to ask.

Here is my cancer lesson for the day. Did you know that your pancreas produces two enzymes - trypsin and chymotrypsin. These enzymes are used to digest animal proteins. In addition to digesting animal proteins, these two enzymes break apart/dissolve the protective coating around cancer cells allowing the immune system to destroy the cancer. However, when you eat a diet high in animal protein, it can cause a shortage of these enzymes because it takes a lot of enzymes to digest the animal protein. So everyone eat more veggies! It is recommended that less than 20% of your diet to come from animal protein (meat, eggs, dairy, etc).

This weekend Elizabeth and I were able to go to the pool for a little exercise and she was able to play with kids for the first time in a month. She met 2 kids and the pool and then today, Dr. Monhollon brought his daughter to the IV clinic today. She was able to play a board game, webkins, and have races in the pool. That was an answer to prayer. She has been lonely and just wanted one kid, any kid to play with. Praise God for taking care of Elizabeth!

I plan to blog every day this week. We are doing some retesting on Mike. It has been one month and we need to evaluate where we are and maybe if we can go home for awhile.

Finally, I want to encourage everyone to read the blog comment Melissa left on "Don't give up on me". We miss everyone and God bless your week. May His light glow brighter than ever this week in everyone, no matter where you rest your head!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
When I had severe gas/reflux disease, the doctor recommended putting 1 - 2 inch blocks of wood under the bedposts at the head of the bed to slightly elevate my head. It really helped me to sleep at night. It might work for you. It might not, but its worth a try.
Steve

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike, Deanna, and Elizabeth,
I haven't written for awhile, but be assured I am reading your blog every day. And I haven't stopped praying for you all many times a day. I will pray specifically for your tests that you will have this week to come back showing some improvement in the cancer. I hope that Mike's improved energy on Sun is a sign that you are turning a corner and that things will get a little easier each day. My love to all of you. Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Deanna and Mike,

The Lord has waken me up a few time in the middle of the night these last couple of weeks to pray for Mike--now I have a better reason as to why--specifically, praying for his ability sleep, so his body and our Lord can turn back this tide of cancer.

In His Service,
Ron