Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Miracle to end 2008

We both are fully aware that we are in the middle of a long battle, but God has once again given us another miracle today.

As most of you know, Mike went in for outpatient surgery today to replace the stent in his esophagus that had slipped. We are now at home and let me share the amazing work of God. Mike no longer has a stent in his esophagus.

Dr. Pucha briefed us after the procedure. On Dec. 2, he could barely get his camera thru his esophagus. It is on a very small tube. He had to force it a little bit and by the Grace of God he was able to put in the smallest stent (16 in). Today, he could put the camera all the way down his esophagus and the opening measures 10 mm. He said most people start having difficulty swallowing at around 12 mm so he did not put another stent in. The cancer is still there and ulcerated, but we have more physical proof of the regression of Mike's cancer today.

We also got word late today that his liver enzymes are in completely normal range. Again, more physical proof of the healing that I have been trying to put in words. I knew that was the case since Mike no longer has any swelling in his extremities. He is no longer yellowish and his eyes are white as can be.

This is all at the hands of God. Period. I don't know where the road is taking us, but I know of the very real things that are happening now. This is one of those times where I just throw myself at the feet of the Lord and Praise Him!

2008.... There are a few hours left in the year for us. I will never forget this year. We moved to FL, bought our first house, feel in love with new friends fast, enjoyed the amazing beauty of the Emerald Coast, got cancer, witnessed God's unfailing love in ways we have never known, changed our lives forever, moved (is essence) to Sarasota, met amazing healers and caregivers there, moved to McKinney, put our house on the market in FL, spent loads of time in the hospital, prayed in ways we have never prayed, spent more money on health care in 5 months than in our entire lives, learned the power of community prayer, watched God's healing unfold, and were blessed beyond measure.

On the one hand, I am glad God didn't reveal 2008 to us before hand but on the other hand, I would go through it all again because of the amazing gift of watching God at work in Mike, Elizabeth and myself. I would go through it all again because watching God use people, family, friends, and strangers to work his Miracle in Mike is as close to heaven as I will get until He calls me home.

I want to thank everyone again for everything this year... Roxanna and family, Carrie, Missy, Lisa, Giact, Dad, Scott and Kathy, Nancie, Melissa, Pierre, Pastor Herman, Kaye, Col. Fowler, Col. Weigand, Dr. Monhollon and staff, Bill and staff, everyone at Hurlburt, Dr. Khan, Dr. Pucha, Jeff and Wendy, Doug and Dena, McKinney Neighbors, Hoss and family, Kathleen and family, Tucson Community Group, Cinco Baptist Church and School, CCC, DMOSC, Stecklers, Rhodenbaughs, Duseks, Dyess AFB, Myagi and family, Mike's family, Pam, Roger, Amy, McKinney neighbors and long time friends, prayer partners around the world, and everyone else that I can't think of right now. God used each and everyone of you to minister, bless, and sustain us.

God Bless you....

Prayer needs:

Mike to eat and drink more.
Mike to gain weight
Mike's cancer to continue to die
Mike's complete healing
Our house in FL to sell
Financial wisdom and coverage in 2009 as we retire and our income is reduced
Elizabeth and I to stay healthy

We look forward to the Cihak's visiting us tomorrow and Tony bringing something from our beloved friends in Quatar.

8 comments:

lynn / kev said...

WOW! PRAISE AND THANK THE LORD!!! Love in Christ & a JOYOUS New Year, Lynnette

lynn / kev said...

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! Lynn/Kev...that song says it all!!
Deanna, as I sit here in tears reading your last blog of 2008...I thank God for His miracles, and His amazing love. I thank Him for teaching us what faith really is. I thank Him for His devine appointment when our families met. I thank Him for this technology, so we could be a part of your life. We learned along side your family to praise Him for everything!!!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
We miss and love you all! Wishing you a blessed, blessed New Year!
~The Maxwells

Jeanne robinson said...

PRAISE GOD! you still are in our prayers. God is so good!! Please know that you are in our thoughts at Cinco Baptist. We love you all and I know God will be with you every step of the way. Love Jeanne Robinson

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear your great news! Heidi just got back from Tucson last night. She misses it! We continue to faithfully pray for each of you. Love, Gini

Unknown said...

Mike/Deanna,

It was so nice seeing you over Christmas. Mike looked so much better than I expected. I really enjoyed our visit. Praise God for all the good news.

We continue to pray for the whole family. God is a God of miraculous love - it is such a joy to see your faith carrying your through this.

God bless,
Chad

Unknown said...

Mike/Deanna,

It was so nice seeing you over Christmas. Mike looked so much better than I expected. I really enjoyed our visit. Praise God for all the good news.

We continue to pray for the whole family. God is a God of miraculous love - it is such a joy to see your faith carrying your through this.

God bless,
Chad

Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH! PRAISE GOD! This is wonderful news indeed. Thanks for posting such encouraging words. It was wonderful to read them to Shelley as she made breakfast.

Peace and healing to you all,
Rolex