Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 - And so a new year begins

Never in my life have I wanted to freeze time more. This weekend has been amazing. We were blessed by a visit from Tony, Patti and Brianne Cihak. Tony is on his mid tour from overseas and he took time away from his family to come see us. It was awesome and just brought so much joy to us. We also got a visit from Bob George. He is a great friend and Christian mentor to Mike from Tucson and Christ Community Church. Again, it was an awesome visit. He brought us a picture of Christian, who passed away on Christmas day and we were able to reminisce about the wonderful things he did while he was here. There is so much to be thankful for. We really spent the weekend "fattening" Mike up. He ate tropical ice, salmon, orzo, green juice, mashed potatoes, honey chicken, wheat grass, eggs, oatmeal, smoothies, etc. Can you believe that miracle? I just posted a list of food that Mike ate over the weekend. I am praying that Mike gained weight this week. I will let you know tomorrow.

Tomorrow ..... We have a Doctor's appointment and Round 2 of Chemo. We are doing it out patient and it should take all day. I can be there some with him. We have packed a bag of activities for the day. Mike got a DVD player for Christmas from my Dad and we will be taking that along with a long supply of military DVD's that Pat gave us. Of course all this depends on the weather. Right now they are predicting ice again. Elizabeth is hoping that school will be cancelled.

Honestly, I can blog about the Chemo, but I still am afraid and fearful. I want to freeze time. I have never been one that liked intense movies and I will tend to skip to the end of the book so I know what to expect and then can relax as I read it. (Steve and Robin know this!). And yet I can't skip to the end. I have to let God write this story and just live it one moment at a time. I also have to not allow Satan a foothold with my fears. It is amazing how quick he can work.

So as the New Year begins, I am blessed that we are still together as a family. I am blessed that we had a great weekend and holiday. I am blessed that Jesus is my Savior and I really do know the end to that story.

Please Pray:
Chemo tomorrow - that it will attack the cancer and not Mike's healthy cells.
That we will have no side effects this time - no colitis
That Mike's body will remain strong - all organs, all muscles, all tissue and his blood
Mike's blood count will be strong tomorrow
Elizabeth will continue to grow in her walk with Jesus
That I will continue to grow in my walk with Jesus
That I can handle all the paperwork that will start again this week. Many questions popped up over the holidays!
That I can be a blessing to my extended family instead of such a burden all the time
Our house in FL to sell. As time tracks on, this is becoming more and more of a need. The financial burden will be too much for us once Mike retires on Feb 3
Pay issues to work out this week.

No comments: