Thursday, January 22, 2009

Praise Yeshua, Praise Jehova Rophe in the Highest!

It has been some time since I posted, and after the wonderful news we received yesterday, I felt God nudging me to do a post. So Deanna is letting me write today.

We went into the clinic to get the usual blood tests and got a small blood booster shot too. White count was a tad low. The PET scan results were ready. I had mixed feelings about getting this scan. If the news were bad, it would just knock us down emotionally for nothing because it wouldn't change the treatment in all likelihood. It also involves an injection of a radioactive variant of glucose and some more radiation, stuff we would ideally like to avoid. But apparently we should have gotten a baseline PET when we first started with this clinic and Doc was fairly insistent, so we went ahead and got it. It's been a source of some anxiety as we waited for the results. Would there be worsening conditions on existing tumors? Discovery of new tumors that were previously missed or just new? During Elizabeth's birthday celebration, I kept wondering if this would be the last one I would see. At the end of the day, I just want to get my health back to where I can once again provide for and protect my family, and of course do some good works for God along the way.

How wonderful and faithful, merciful and mighty is our God! The PET results are amazing: No metabolic activity in the liver lesions. Nothing in the myocardium, spllen, or kidneys, bladder, bowel. Lymphatics are clear, lungs improved with with "Many of the areasof scattered nodular opacity noted on the previous CT are no longer visible". Bones are clear as well.

Praise God! We still have "mild to moderate activity" at the stomach/esophagus junction, but God will heal this as well in his good time. There is so much to be thankful for here, and I wanted to share it with everyone.

I also wanted to say a belated thank you to everyone at Hurlburt who worked so hard to get me out of the hospital and back home for Christmas. I can't tell you how much that meant to us.

I'm still nauseous pretty much all the time. I believe it's because the tumor in the stomach is slowly dissolving and its nasty remains go right into the stomach to upset it, plus the chemo side effects as well. Funny thing is the doctors don't really know, so my guess is as good as any. It's hard being sick all the time and trying to eat to live; I've lost an incredible amount of weight...probably 20-30 pounds below my optimum weight. This is a shocking state of affairs for someone who has been overweight since childhood, and trying to lose weight his whole life. I can't eat a lot, and much of what I eat comes back up. But each time I am sick, I thank God because I believe it's part of the healing, removing the dissolved tumor material from my body. So there is this strange race going on right now between killing that tumor and fighting to eat. Will I succomb to malnutrition before the tumor is dead and stops interfering with eating, or will we kill the tumor in time for me to eat enough and survive? I'm putting my money on God.

Please join me first of all in praising Jesus for this wonderful healing, our other prayer requests remain unchanged. My sincere thanks to all of you for everything you've done to help us.

Yours in Christ Jesus,
-Mike

9 comments:

Lisa said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Thank You, Lord! Thank You so much! Thank You for being so huge and so powerful and so faithful! Thank You that when You start a good work, You finish it!

I am so happy! I am going to forward this to all the people I've got praying for you!

I'm going to be happy dancing all day!

-Lisa

lynn / kev said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW, PRAISE HIM ALL CREATURES HERE BELOW, PRAISE FATHER, SON, AND HOLY GHOST. AMEN.

Shedding tears of joy right now, Mike, all Praise to Christ our King, our Lord, our Healer, The Way, The Truth, The LIFE! Hallelujah!!!

So happy, thank you Jesus! Love, Lynnette

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mike for writing and thanks Deanna for letting him:):) We are praising God along with you!
Love, the Armes in ABQ

Anonymous said...

YES!!! We are praising Jesus and rejoicing with you !!!!! We thank Him for His healing power! For His miracles we know of, and His miracles we have yet seen! For His amazing love! For His peace! For His mercy! For His grace! For every blessing big and small! Most of all, for our salvation!!

We will continue to pray daily and wait for the next praise report!! Love, your old neighbors - The Maxwell family

Bruce said...

AWESOME GOD! You are powerful and mighty!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike & Deanna and Elizabeth,
What an excellent, excellent report!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I am soooo excited for all of you. God is good! I will continue to pray for you. And, I am praying that you will be able to eat, and gain weight & strength. Every little bit helps.
Thanking the LORD,
Donna Jordan

CihakClan said...

"Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf!" Psalm 66:5

Rejoicing with you Mike & Deanna!

Unknown said...

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to sit down with this blog. It is so good to hear from you diretly - and praising God the whole way.

Glad to hear of the positive test results. You mentioned looking forward to doing some good works for God when your health comes back - just know the inspiration we receive from your faith and your praise for God represents good works for God in the "here and now".

God Bless, our prayers are with you.

Chad

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike, Praise God!!!You are indeed a miracle of God's own doing. He has been working mightily in you and your faith in Jesus is certainly an inspiritation for all of us. Love, Aunt Mary