Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday - another blessing and Chemo again

I want to first state at the beginning of this blog that Mike is free to blog at any time. His comment about me "letting" him blog cracks me up. I would actually prefer him to blog more. He has a gift of writing and expression in my opinion!!

So I will first start off by telling you blessings... Mike gained weight this week - 4 lbs - and he is up of 157. So that is a HUGE praise. He also did something last night that blessed Elizabeth more than he will ever know. Right now in our bedroom we have our king bed and the hospital bed. Elizabeth has slept in our bed ever since Mike's diagnosis back in September. I am not about to kick her out because I think it brings me as much comfort as it does her. Last night, Elizabeth was talking about the bad spirits/demons she was feeling/seeing. Both Mike and I talked about her ability to rebuke them in the name of Jesus. We told her that this is one thing she has full authority over in the name of Jesus. She doesn't need to wait until she is older (that is a thing that really bugs her), but that when she accept Christ she received full authority and the same Holy Spirit that her Mom and Dad have. Anyway, Mike crawled into bed with us and snuggled her and rebuked the spirits and coached her through it. She fell asleep in his arms and he fell asleep holding her. She has wanted Dad to cuddle her for so long. What a blessing from God.

Of course I feel asleep crying and praising Jesus for this special Gift!!

Today is a new day and Mike is sitting doing Chemo as I type. He has a little head cold too. It is really hard to watch. I so want that complete parting of the Red Sea Miracle. The cancer is gone and you are free to resume life as you did before. But looking back does matter. We have to look forward. So we walk on - in Christ, always in Christ- and pray for strength for today and hope for tomorrow.

Prayer needs -

Chemo - that is will kill the bad cells and not effect healthy cells
Mike's cold - that it will resolve without a bad side effect like fevers or hospital stays
Our house in FL to sell
Wisdom of Solomon - we have allot going on the next 10 days or so with our retirement date approaching - Feb 3 is our official last day on active duty
Mike to eat and drink more
Mike to gain weight this week
Throwing up - for Mike to only throw up the tumor and nothing else

Praises:
A roof over our heads
Family snuggle time last night
Family and friends
That God has revealed so much more of his character and heart to us on this journey. Both Mike and I have deeper knowledge of Him and a more complete picture of everything He did for us than we ever did before

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Erin and I are going to pray right now for Mike. I think he might be in chemo right now as we read your blog. Right on Elizabeth! My favorite liturgy in church is "We believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. THIS IS OUR FAITH." When the congregation loudly says that together, there are no lines of denomination or age -- there is simply FAITH, which your girl HAS!!
Kathleen


Dear Jesus,
Please guide the chemo as it travels through Mike's body and deliver the healing it needs. We ask this and so much more. In Your name, Amen.

Jeanne robinson said...

Dear Phillips
You are ALWAYS in our prayers back at Cinco Baptist!! May GOD continue to heal Mike! We miss you Elizabeth!Love Mrs. Robinson (Preschool Teacher)

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike-
AWESOME news! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!

I pray that the chemo will go straight to the cancerous source and do what it needs to do.

I uphold your prayer requests you posted to the Lord and continue to pray for you daily.

I also hope Elizabeth enjoyed her day off today.