Monday, January 5, 2009

Round 2 of Chemo today

Well, round 2 of Chemo is now working away inside of Mike. We were at the doctor from 8 am until 3:30 pm. I will take that any day over staying in the hospital though! We started with the Dr's visit and then on to Chemo room. Here are the praises:

Mike didn't lose any weight in a week. He weighs 167.
Mike's blood count looks great. He is at 10.8 and all others look great. Even his albumin which has been extremely low for a very long time is coming up.
Mike's test for colitis came back negative for the second time. We can now stop the expensive (and nasty tasting) oral antibiotic.

We headed off to the Chemo room. We packed up games, movies, IPOD, and food. Mike and I played a game of travel scrabble and we were both embarrassed at our skill. We eventually gave up. I mean how many four letter words are there anyway?

We got to meet some interesting people, but really didn't branch out too much the first time. It is really intimidating and I felt like I needed to whisper. I am sure we will get more comfortable as time goes on. Right now, we will be going there every morning for shots or blood work.

We got home and started Mike on his TPN and Lipids for the night. I want to start asking for prayer about this. We need to start weaning Mike off of his liquid/IV food and start getting him to eat more and more through his mouth. I might be asking for too much too quickly, but I want to pray for it anyway.

We didn't sleep much last night. I tossed and turned alot. I have now turned that "unable to go back to sleep time" into prayer time. Have you ever woke up and prayed at 2:30 in the morning? It was very peaceful and not any distractions. I am all for a good night's sleep, don't get me wrong. But God gave me a new perspective last night and it was awesome.

Please Pray:
No chemo side effects
Mike to eat and drink more
Mike to eat enough to stop the TPN and Lipids
Our house in FL to sell
Financial issues to work out
Mike to gain strength and weight
God's continued manifestation of healing

God Bless you tonight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for your update. I shared with my BS leader friends at our meeting this morning the great progress Mike has made. Love, the Armes

Anonymous said...

OH yes, MANY times I've been praying at 2:30 a.m. My baby is NOT the type to "sleep through the night" by 3 weeks old! HA!!! Gini

Anonymous said...

Just now found your Mon eve post and so pleased at the way you see The LORD working in Mike's life and your life. Still trusting God for Him to be glorified in all that He does in and through you all. In Christ, Ken Brewer