Monday, December 8, 2008

Tomorrow

Mike went for the MRI late today and is still kind of out of it as we speak. We won't get the results until tomorrow. I will post them when we get them.

My mom is in the hospital right now doing her radioactive prop in her uterus for the next 48 hours. I talked to her last night and just cried on the phone. I want to be there to help her. I want her to wrap me up and tell me this is all a dream. I am holding on tightly to Jesus right now.

I have to admit I am reaching an overload again. Decisions, calls, noise and all I want to know is that the cancer has not spread to his brain. That is it.

Kyong called and she is coming to see us tomorrow for a few hours tomorrow. I need to see her. I can't wait.

Mike is getting 2 more pints of blood tonight with a possibility of a third pint depending on his numbers.

I have been in contact with lawyers about all the legal paperwork. I had it in FL and have since lost it. We are having General Power of Attorney, Medical Directive and Medical Power of Attorneys redone.

I have admitted that I need to seek counseling myself. I plan to seek Christian counseling here soon at the church we call home here. It is not to deal with the life and death issue we are facing. I really know that it will be a win either way. I can let Mike go be with Jesus and I am more than happy to keep him here with us. If Mike goes to be with Jesus, we are fine financially due to the financial planning we did when we were Lts with First Command. If he gets to stay with us a little while longer, we are fine with the retirement pay and VA. We are so blessed in that arena. I know so many others are not in that boat. I am having a problem dealing moment to moment. I have always been one to plan things out. ALWAYS... (even when I said I didn't plan, I did plan). Every time I plan on going home, doing this, going to store, it doesn't work. I am also having a problem watching someone that I love so much go through this. I have always been able to help Mike by doing something when things get bad. ALWAYS... but not this time. However, even amidst this pain, it is such a blessing to remove myself and watch his character as he battles. It really speaks to about the core of this man. As bad as the pain may be, he always is pleasant, says thank you and speaks of Jesus. He still looks at me with absolute love...

So where are we tonight... I don't know and yet I know.... In Jesus's hands...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Your mother has also been much in my prayers...even before you gave the update. I'm thinking Kyong lived in Tucson at one time? SO glad she will be visiting you! Love, Gini for all the Armes

Anonymous said...

Dear Jesus,
Plese send your peace to Deanna through Kyong. You left Your peace with us, You give us your peace -- You promised us this. Each time we "pass the peace" to another believer's hand at church, or in friendship, or joining hands in prayer we join in the communion of your promise of Peace. The world and its clanging noise dares to peck away at Deanna. We deny the world's interference in Your name. We all, each one of us praying now, claim Your Perfect Peace in Your name for Deanna and we thank God for those who can deliver a human embrace to her. We trust You in this journey, we beseech you for miraculous healing, we worship you in Your glory, we thank you for Your sacrifice. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Just a little "other" news for your life. Eileen turned sweet sixteen yesterday!! Can you believe it?? We threw a surprise party for her...16 of her friends showed up and she was surprised!!! Love, Gini

lynn / kev said...

Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid...In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world." His Peace is yours. The absolute love you see in Mike's eyes, they are from God. The love Mike sees in your eyes, that's from God too. All good things come from God, especially love, for God is love. Our love & prayers are covering you, Lynnette