Monday, December 15, 2008

Still in the Hospital

I started this blog yesterday and never got back to it. Today, I will just start over. Mike had a new symptom show up over the weekend. His stomach got extremely bloated. They did a CT Scan and determined "colitis" and did a culture to determine what the infection was that caused the swelling in the colon. They started him on another course of antibiotics and we are going from there.

The thing that is frustrating is that Mike had a good day yesterday. We talked and got some things accomplished. The weather started to turn bad and Mike sent me home. The nurse came in and started talking about the icing in a few towns around McKinney. So Mike looked at me and told me to go home. I ignored him. He then gave me his "look" and said, "Mama, go home." When he gives me the look and says, "Mama", I know he is serious. So I left around 3:30 yesterday. I picked up Elizabeth from school and we went to Walmart for some more Christmas shopping. We then went home, had spaghetti and hot chocolate for dinner, and waited for the ice. It did come and there is a coat of ice on everything. School got cancelled and Elizabeth is outside with sleds and playing hockey. They even determined that the boogie boards from the beach work too.

I just hate that I am at home and Mike is in the hospital. I have talked to him twice on the phone, and he is in pain today. I did call and harass the doctor over the next round of Chemo. So at least I made my presence know :)!

It is at times like these, when things are absolutely beyond my control, that I am grateful that God loves Mike even more than I do. He is His child and can watch over him.

Please continue to pray:
Health for all of us
The Chemo to work
Complete healing of Mike's body
Home for the Holidays - home and able to enjoy the holidays
Our house to sell in FL
Wisdom for me in decisions that we are making

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were supposed to be home today, Deanna. Make the most of it! Praying for Mike to get some restful, painfree sleep while you're away. And have fun Elizabeth!
Amity

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
We continue to "love on you" by praying and thinking constantly about you all. Heidi is out with a friend right now doing the "snow thing" since the schools here are also cancelled! Eileen has to be inside to study for her Chemistry final and all the others! Hope Mike's pain is less since you last wrote. Love, the Armes