Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rough night - somewhat better now

Wouldn't you know, Mike became alert last night right as I made up my mind to go asleep at around 10:30 last night. I have to admit that I cried when he actually interacted with me. I was so worried. I help him to the bathroom and then back to bed. However, Mike has been in horrible pain since that point. It is not really related to the port or stent, I think. We are now in pain control mode until we can get the tumor shrinking I think. We have just had a visit from 2 doctors and that is there thinking at this time. Dr. Khan, oncologist, will hopefully make rounds tonight. I can't believe I am saying this, but I want the Chemo to start now to hopefully reduce and reverse this path we seem to be on. All the hospital visits and lengthy stays are making it impossible to follow the homeopathic plan... that and the fact that Mike can not swallow the pills.

The good news is that we have found a Primary Care Manager Doctor here. He is in Plano, but willing to take us on. My sister-in-law is also dropping off the paperwork at Social Security office today. So things are getting done...

I will update again tonight on Mike. It appears we will be here at least another day.

God bless,
Deanna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift Mike (and you and Elizabeth) up in prayer as I drive, as pack for England, as often as you all come to mind. It seems so little from afar, but I am confident God is being glorified in and through you all in this "cancer walk". My specific prayer is for God The Holy Spirit to lead and guide the doctors to the right chemotherapy which The Holy Spirit will be able to make effective in reducing and killing the cancer. May your faith shine greatest when the way is darkest. In Christ, Ken Brewer

Anonymous said...

We all continue to pray for you all. Gini & family

Anonymous said...

While I go through and read your blogs, I notice one constant "theme" in both of your blogs--your true love and concern for each other and Elizabeth! You are amazing people and it is obvious that God is looking after you all. I do believe Mike will be God's latest miracle! I continue to be amazed by your strength and faith.

The personnel I've dealt with (regarding his retirement) at the Hurlburt hospital wanted me to pass along their thoughts and prayers to you all! One gal was in tears when I went in to pick up all the records and said she prays for you every day.

Keeping you all in prayer!
God Bless,
Cynthia