Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday - Blood Clot and staying longer

Today, Mike has had great energy and is doing well. However, his arm began to swell and it was determined through a sonogram that he had a blood clot from his PICC line. The PICC line was removed and they are now using his port only. But he is now on blood thinners and his Chemo will be postponed until Monday now. He will be in the hospital through the weekend.

There are so many things that I don't understand here. I don't understand how is was imperative that we start Chemo. Once we did, it is now 2 1/2 weeks later before we can do another treatment. But I have a feeling this is another way to teach me patience. I just want Mike to be home for Christmas. It is so important. But I also want him home with energy to be apart of the celebration.

I wanted to thank everyone for the cards and gifts. Amity, I cried when I opened your special thought! There are so many people that I owe thank you's and of course Christmas cards. But the truth of the matter is that I am not going to be able to put them out this year. What I hope to do is put something out in the coming year.

I did get Elizabeth's picture done and I am posting it today. She is growing into a beautiful (inside and out) young girl. She is such a blessing from God and motivates us continually.

Please Pray:

Home for Christmas
Miraculous Healing of Cancer for Mike on Christmas
Health for Elizabeth - she came home sick today from school
Health for me - seems like we are on a constant sick circle right now
Mike's colitis to heal
Mike's blood clot to disappear and reabsorb
Chemo to take place in God's timing only!

I miss everyone so much this year. I miss all the traditions we do in the military and know that I am thinking of everyone right now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
So glad you wrote. All my family members ask daily if you've written! Wow, Elizabeth is quite the young lady!!!!! We continue to pray for all of you. Love, Gini

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
We also patiently wait to hear from you! Thanks for adding the beautiful picture of Elizabeth! I can't believe how much she's "matured" in four months. She must be turning
"11" soon? :)
I'm so glad to hear Mike had a good day! I know they are treasured. We've been praying that you all have a beautiful Christmas...wherever you celebrate it. May the "peace and joy" of that Holy Night be with you as you celebrate our Saviour's birth. Love and prayers always, The Maxwell Family

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike, Deanna, and Elizabeth, Thanks for putting the pic of Elizabeth on the blog. You're right. She is quite a terrific young lady...inside and out. She is special in so many ways and I'm sure a real blessing to you. We do continue to pray that Mike will be home for Christmas. Blessings to all of you. Love, Aunt Mary