Thursday, March 26, 2009

Prayers lifted up

What a week! I praise God for the healing he is doing with Mike right now. I am going to confess, that even with the good news, I was a little disappointed. I really struggled with the fact that there wasn't more news. But then, through some books and through the wisdom of Elizabeth, I confessed my sin. God must get so exasperated at me! I praise God that things are moving in the right direction. Dr. Khan even referred to Mike's tumor today as "stable". Wow. 6 months into the fight and the tumor is stable and the liver lesions are reducing. I am ashamed of myself. Thank you God for all you have done.

Mike, of course, gave this great military analogy the other day. He said something to the effect of it is a war on two fronts. We put enough resources to hold one at bay and take the first one out. Then we will unleash everything on the other battlefront. I'll have him blog it next time. It made me laugh. He is such a tactician and warrior at heart.

So today we went to the Doctor's office and Mike's blood count is still messed up. His WBC count went up a little bit to 1.6. That is still dangerously low and he is at a high risk if he is exposed to anything right now. His platelets are holding at 30 and his Red Blood Cell is dropping again. We saw Dr. Khan and he thinks it might be related to his enlarged spleen that we saw on the CT Scan. The spleen is responsible for filtering the blood. We are going to give it a few more days to see if things change.

I want to call on all the prayer warriors out there to lift this up and pray specifically for Mike's spleen and his bone marrow/blood counts. Pray specifically in the Name of Jesus and command Mike's body to perform and regenerate in it's God created state. Speak to his WBC, his Marrow, and to his spleen. God is faithful and He will answer. Watch...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider it done dear Deanna...We are still over here in McKinney Hts. and still praying faithfully for better days ahead for Mike and his numbers. As always,right along with Mike, our thoughts and prayers are for you too, and your precious daughter Elizabeth.

Somewhere, someone once said that the supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved....And dear ones...YOU are loved!! Jim & Marvie

lynn / kev said...

Yes, you are loved -- and He loves you with an everlasting love. Can't get any better than that! :) We're praying and trusting the Lord to heal Mike completely and totally. For His glory, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Mike and Deanna. We ARE praying for your health and family, for strength and for faith, for healing and your ability to stand against the evil one. Don't give up or give in.

Steve & Jana Perenchio

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
I just love your honesty and isn't it great to have wisdom coming from our own daughters!! It boggles my mind and I love it!!! Gini