Thursday, February 26, 2009

God's Graces

This is going to be short tonight. We are hanging in there and have yet one more day together. So we are blessed.

Last night, we were able to go to church for Ash Wednesday service. The best thing about the service was communion and just remembering the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. I am looking forward to the Easter more than ever this year because of everything we have learned the past months on healing. I never knew before this walk with cancer that "by His stripes, we were healed". I never got that Jesus took the beating for our physical healing (& spiritual). A light has been turned on. It is exactly like the time when it clicked that Jesus died on the cross 2000 years ago for my sins- Deanna's sins.

Anyway... so last night at church, we were late and sat in the very back. We actually do that in case we need to leave. The most amazing thing happened during communion. Mary (don't know her) came over to Mike and asked to pray for him. Right there, she prayed for him and over him. It brought me to tears. Tears of joy not sadness. Mike wears this protective mask when we go in public to protect him from all the germs right now. So, we get the stares and not many people come up to us. But she battled cancer 7 years ago, and just knew. Now, at the same time she is praying over Mike, from another direction Chris comes over and prays for me. Again, I don't know him, but he prayed over me and Elizabeth. It was a well timed kiss from God.

Then today, guess what? An unexpected check came in the mail. This check was mailed to our house in FL and then forwarded here. It was written at the end of January. But I don't think it is any accident that it showed up today. An answered prayer.

Mike started coming out of the Chemo fog yesterday afternoon. We spent a few hours changing his needle at the Cancer Center and they drew more blood. Mike is yellow (jaundice) and they are checking his enzymes. It could be his Gilbert's syndrome.

Prayer needs:
Mike's blood counts to hold
Mike to eat and drink more
The jaundice to be related to Chemo and Gilbert's syndrome
Wisdom for me
Financial wisdom
Our house in FL to sell

Praise:
Beautiful weather
A walk around the lake with Mike
Neighbors
family
Our computer didn't crash...
Samos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike & Deanna, and Elizabeth,
I have not posted recently, but wanted you to know I am still following your blog and praying for all of you.
Love,
Donna Jordan

Anonymous said...

I love God's timing....and I praise Him for His tender love and His blessing Wed. night! Know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you - The Maxwells

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Good to catch up with you via your blog--I am not much of a blogger so apologize for the lack of comm on my part. Life in London continues with plenty of eating and drinking for Uncle Sam. Kids still doing great things at their school. Hang tough and know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Magellan