Wednesday, January 27, 2010

He looks like Dad


Elizabeth and I left Mike about 30 minutes ago. He was tired and needed the lights out and some rest. Come to think of it, Elizabeth and I are tired and need some rest too. On the way home, I said to Elizabeth, " Dad looks better, don't you think?". Just as casually as possible, Elizabeth said, "He looks like Dad." It melted my heart on so many levels. She looks on him as her Dad, she doesn't see sick or well, fat or thin, cancer or no cancer, just Dad and all the love and bond that word has. It made me think about how Jesus looks as me, nay all of us. He sees Deanna and all the love and bond that word has. Cool thought huh?


I picked up the PET Scan this morning and I can't put it into words. Tears just flowed and flowed and flowed. We are still digesting everything and looking up words. The scan reads as the cancer is growing and spreading. But tonight, we are confused as the MRI of Mike's back and pelvis said that there is nothing out of the ordinary according to the doctor. We haven't seen the report, so don't know if he didn't want to say anything or if the MRI didn't pick anything up which would conflict the PET Scan. We need to do more digging and are on our knees praying for wisdom and understanding.


Mike started the Feeding tube pump this afternoon. This will pump a steady small amount of food into his stomach constantly. We are hoping to get to a point where we can only do it for 12-14 hours a day, but for now as we see what he can tolerate, it is 24 hours a day. We have to stop the weight loss.


Medically, there is so many decisions that we are in prayer about. But we feel like we need to be still and listen. We are praying and waiting and rejoicing in each moment right now. We both feel the tsunami of prayers building around the world. God is bigger and He wins. As the song said that I turned up in the car on the way home (don't know the name of the song, artist or if this is exactly right, but nothing better than praising the Lord in the dark in your car, right?):

And I know that God saved the day

and I know His word never fails

and I know that God made a way

It's gonna be all right.


Prayer:
Please continue to lift us before the Lord. Add us to every prayer list, prayer group, prayer team, etc around this world.
Praise:
see picture above

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Stevens family is praying fervently for you all!
Because of Christ!
Kelly

Is this the song you refered to? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNRzNszjQwo

Anonymous said...

LOVED the picture and of course your words Deanna! Love and many prayers, Gini

traci Estes said...

Sweet Deanna, I am on my knees fervently praying for Mike, you and Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing that precious picture! You can see the love!
Traci

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers every day. Isaiah 40:10,11

lynn / kev said...

You are in our prayers every day. We had community group tonight and we stood, held hands and prayed for you, all three of you. Praise God for His faithfulness and eternal love. What a comfort to know our Lord is sovereign over ALL (Ps. 103). We love you, Lynnette & the CG (and thanks for the picture) xoxox

Anonymous said...

Great Post! I loved the thought. I thought alot about Mike today during my run. We think about ya'll a great deal. Most times are good in prayer. At times though, I'm not sure how I want to deal with God on this. I don't need the why...more the "why the seeming randomness".
Love ya'll
Steve and Robin