Wednesday, January 27, 2010

0430 CST Post

Dear Friends,

After last night's morphine for my back, yesterday I asked to switch to Dilotid (sp?)and the Doc graciously agreed. It's pretty quick to kill pain but is easier on your stomach and head.

As I got ready to go to bed the back pain flared up again It was time to change out the pain patches, so we did that and waited but it didn't seem to even dent the pain. So I went ahead and asked for the Dilotid, which worked like a champ.

So I just got about 3 hours of wonderful sleep before they had to wake me for a vitals check (all good). Best I've felt right now in some time.

So I thought I'd hop on the blog and catch up. Honestly, been so sick, I haven't looked at it myself in a long time. Deanna keeps me updated on your comments.

But your comments have been such a blessing and encouragement that I wanted to shout out a thank you and praise. I hope you all know how much I love you!

Please pray if you will for Deanna specifically. One of my docs stopped by unexpectedly today and told us the PET scan was quite bad. He neglected to bring me a copy, but Deanna will stop by the office and get us one tomorrow so that I can inspect it personally. He then went on his doom and gloom, no hope for you, get ready to die speech...but followed it up with how vital it is for us to start chemo again right away.

It rattled both of us. After he left we had a time of reading the healing scriptures and praying that got me re-centered fairly fast, but Deanna was still very upset.

Please pray for us to choose to listen to God's words and not this doc.

I think we have discussed before how problematic this PET scan can be. You really have to have a CAT scan to go with it before you can interpret the results, which we will not be able to get for a while. The PET is sort of like a smoke detector. If it goes off, your house might be on fire...but it could also just be someone burning toast. Won't know for a while.

Hopefully will begin slow rate stomach tube pump feeding with a new and hopefully much healthier liquid food sometime tomorrow.

Love you guys, blessings to all,
-Mike

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike and Deanna, we are storming heaven with our prayers for your healing.
The Badalis Family

Anonymous said...

The Barclay family continues to pray for you all!
Love to you...

Anonymous said...

The Shoults Family is with you in spirit and prays for God's grace on all of you. Peace be with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jesus,
We come to you humbly and yet boldly. Wrap your arms around Deanna, to LIFT HER to You. Bless Mike with the healing you have for Him. We are faithful and trusting, but human. We know that you didn't lead the Israelites into the desert to leave them there. You are not a God of weak promises, or flimsy plans. You have a plan for this moment, we beg you to show it to us in a way that none can mistake. Send a column of fire, a flood of protection to Mike and Deanna and show them and the doctors your power. In YOUR name. Amen.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any words of wisdom or great quotes to offer but please know that all three of you are in my prayers everyday.

Stephanie Brentwood

Anonymous said...

Greetings and prayers from the Hyters, Lonnie & Dot (Dena Howards parents). Know that the 3 of you are in our prayers daily. Psalms 103:3-4 says in part "Who heals all diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies".

Anonymous said...

I'm always "bragging" about you guys...how you're under tremendous trials yet you always are wanting to be a witness to others. You've just proved that my bragging rights can continue!!! Love & prayers, Gini

Unknown said...

I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray.
~ Psalm 17:6, NLT

With all my heart, I pray for burnt toast.

Nicole Fredrikson

Anonymous said...

May Jesus bring you the peace that passes all understanding. May you hand over all your fear and confusion to Him...for His yolk is light.

Know that you have friends all over this world that are praying for you and will ALWAYS have faith. Always praying...Roxanne and family

CihakClan said...

I look to the hills! Where will I find help? It will come from the LORD, who created the heavens and the earth. The LORD is your protector, and he won't go to sleep or let you stumble. The protector of Israel doesn't doze or ever get drowsy. The LORD is your protector, there at your right side to shade you from the sun. You won't be harmed by the sun during the day or by the moon at night. The LORD will protect you and keep you safe from all dangers. The LORD will protect you
now and always wherever you go.

Jesus bring peace to Deanna's heart in this storm.