Friday, July 10, 2009

Still counting on God

Mike is still doing well in the hospital. He is actually bored and lonely. He is playing with computer gadgets and such, but needs to be home. I can see it in his body language. Unfortunately we will be in the hospital until Tuesday at the earliest. Right now, Mike is scheduled to get his feeding tube and port on Monday. However, the doctor is out of town, so it may change to Tuesday. He will have to be in the hospital for 24 hours after that procedure.

Mike got a visit today from Craig Church, a minister from North Carolina. I met him in the entry of the hospital as they were leaving. It was a brief encounter, but I felt a presence with him. One that makes you want to just be hugged and that you know everything would be ok. I can only take that as the Holy Spirit.

Today is a day that I am lost in thought. Connor Cruse is sitting in Jesus's lap as I type. This incredible, courageous 8 year old fought cancer with everything he had. I was driving home from the hospital tonight knowing that Joy and Tait were doing the same thing. It hurts. Elizabeth and I talked about Connor and heaven. Cancer is a beast. Words can not express my thoughts right now. But here is what I know... I praise Jesus for Connor's life. I praise Jesus that He walked Connor home. I praise Jesus for Joy and her incredible strength that I have pulled from more than she will ever know. I praise Jesus for the awareness that Connor's battle has brought to childhood cancer and the funding that has been raised because of his struggles. Thank you Jesus for giving Connor to us for a short time.

Prayer needs:
Mike's platelets- why are they still low? This does worry me.
Mike's mental health being in the hospital for so long
Mike's esophagus - that it will open up by God's hand
Rest for me..
Elizabeth and I to stay healthy with the funky hours we have been keeping

Praise:
Hospital visits
Neighbors
Connor

Connor's website - http://www.connorcruse.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. My heart and prayers go out to Connor's family. That sounds so "trite"...in Africa there's a Swahili phrase that says "pole sana" which translated is much more an "empathy" type feeling...not just words...they use it for death,etc. but it's also used when a woman gives birth! Empathizing with her pain and joy!! I know Mike is bored...he should look it up on a google site....I'm probably not "translating" it so well.
So, also pole sana to Mike and you and Elizabeth with this long hospital stay!!! Love, Gini for all