Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Procedures done - God moving

I just praise Jesus for today for a few reasons. First and foremost, Mike came through everything just fine. He is in some pain and tired, but for the most part doing extremely well.

The Radiologist that installed the port and G Tube said something that I thank Jesus for again. I asked flat out if he saw any cancer. He explained that he just puts air into Mike's stomach and sees shadows, so he can not know for sure. However, Mike's stomach expanded as a normal stomach would and he saw nothing that would indicate it. Again, his job was not to look for cancer, but I will praise Jesus for that encouraging news.

I also was able to meet a young spouse today whose husband has melanoma that spread to his lungs. He is 36 and she is about the same age. We talked just briefly and I got her phone number. She asked about how old Mike was and she just looked so lost for lack of a better word. (I recognized that look immediately...actually I felt that look and my heart broke for her). Her husband was about to get a mediport to start the chemo and radiation. I really want to connect with her soon to help in some way. I had to leave her (alone) and go be with Mike, but I felt God spurring towards her and I am glad I listened.

Third, God is moving again. I feel another wave surging urging on a path. There is a lot of work to be done, and I will post more on that later.

We had a great nurse intern look after Mike in the room after he got out of surgery. He was itching and she washed of the antiseptic on his skin. Somehow we mentioned cancer and she asked what kind. Mike despite his lucid state pulled out his blue ribbon again and told her about God's miraculous work. She then prayed over us and great healing prayer. God is so good to send His angels to us.

I called Kay Creaseman for a few things that we needed (pathology slides) from Eglin. Kay was our active duty case manager. I haven't physically talked to her for a couple of months, but hearing her voice was so joyful and full of emotion. I felt so comforted just hearing her voice. Words can not express the gratitude of everything she did for us. Someday I will make a special trip just to hug her. I teared up a little bit when I hung up. Good tears..

Elizabeth made it to the beach with Papa and I hope is frolicking in the water as we speak. Better yet, maybe riding the Jet Ski in search of her dolphin pod. She deserves to just go and do what she loves there. She is really an amazing kid.

Mike is done with IV antibiotics and might go home tomorrow. I say might because there are some things we need to figure out with this feeding tube and TPN. The GI doctor hasn't been that forthcoming with some information and I spent time on the phone trying to figure things out. He wants Mike to go home on full blown TPN and using the feeding tube. I guess the feeding tube will take a little while to build up to the calories he will need. In the meantime, he will wean down on the TPN. However, Mike doesn't want to use his Mediport for TPN because he doesn't want to get another infection. We need the Doctor to make the rounds so we can see him in person. Please pray for wisdom and Godly intervention here.

Me?? Just tired, but am empowered by the Holy Spirit at the events that have taken place today. (and have developed a nice fever blister on my lip!! Stress maybe?? UGH!!)

Prayer needs:
Mike -pain
TPN/Feeding tube issues
Rest for both of us
Protection for Elizabeth while we are apart
My new friend - that God will give her strength for today and hope for tomorrow
God will orchestrate all the details of medical maneuvering to include the Referral for Tricare to go through without issues

See list above for the praises for today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was away for a few days and was anxiously waiting to get back to my blog feeds so I'd know what was happening in the world of the Phillips family! I'm caught up now and am praising God for His continued display of power and favor. He is SO awesome!

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well with the procedures! I'm going through your postings for the last week as we've been in PA visiting Ralph's family so I've been out of touch.

I get those blisters on my lips too--definitely stress. Try Lysine tablets and Herpecin; it will do wonders.

I was very sad to hear about Connor; his family is definitely in our prayers.

Continuing to keep you all in prayer!
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

We praise God with you for His many blessings. Thinking of you... and always praying for you! The Maxwells