Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update and whining

I know it is well past time to update the blog. Mike has held up pretty well this week. The effects of the chemo we relatively low. He did throw up, but not as much. He did have the chemo fog, but for not very long this time. I think God's hand and the 6 week break were needed. We go to the doctor tomorrow morning. I am under the impression that there is no chemo due to his low platelets, but Mike thinks he is doing round 2 tomorrow. The last time we did chemo 2 weeks in a row, we spent some time in the hospital and I want to avoid that like the swine flu.

It is hard to type this blog today. My heart is just so heavy with burdens, worries, and struggles. I just want to break out of this prison cell of cancer. I get so mad at it sometimes. It maps out our days - what we can and can not do. We tried to go on a over night last night. It took so much work just to pack up and leave with everything we needed. Then it fell apart at the last minute. As I am typing this, it sounds like new parents trying to figure out how to travel with a baby for the first time! I wish we could let go of what was. I think that is how Satan attacks us the most - wishing for things that just aren't anymore. I really makes me mad too. Satan uses the "things" so we don't focus on the "people and blessings" that God so richly blesses us with everyday.

So, the best way to end this therapy session is to focus on what has blessed us - the Duseks, a family movie today, Go and Be, a great lightening display last night, rainy days, family, and our dear friends near and far.

Prayer needs:
Our house in FL to sell
To bind Satan and his attacks
diplomacy
God's audible voice
Direction and future plans for medical
God to continue to kill the cancer
Mike to get stronger
God to open Mike's esophagus so he can eat
Financial wisdom

Praise:
Our daily bread
He will never leave us nor forsake us!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Thanks for the update and thanks for "whining". Heidi and I were able to pray for you just now!

Anonymous said...

When I read this, I think of Mike's cancer as "the arrogant." Cancer is an arrogant beast, our God keeps His promises and you and Mike are His exhausted, but faithful servants. Praying for you, praising God for your faith.

Ps. 119 My soul faints with longing for your salvation,but I have put my hope in your word. My eyes fail, looking for your promise; I say, "When will you comfort me?"

Though I am like a wineskin in the smoke,I do not forget your decrees. How long must your servant wait? When will you punish my persecutors? The arrogant dig pitfalls for me, contrary to your law.

All your commands are trustworthy; help me, for men persecute me without cause.They almost wiped me from the earth, but I have not forsaken your precepts.

Preserve my life according to your love, and I will obey the statutes of your mouth.

Your word, O LORD, is eternal;it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures.

****
Dear Jesus, please send comfort to Mike and Deanna. We praise you for Your miracles so far and those yet to come. Refresh them on their path toward your future mercies and gifts. Amen.