Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thomas moment or A picture is worth a thousand words

OK. It is my turn. Wow. Wow. Wow. As you all know, Mike had the stretch done on Monday and God gave us an unexpected gift. The GI doctor came to talk to us after the procedure. He always takes pictures of what he does. I take my bible with me when we do these things, and I left the last set of pictures in my bible. I think, because subconsciously, this is too big for me by myself and in the end that is where I need to leave it, in God's hands. It was kind of a physical action to help my spiritual heart. When the GI doc told us that the cancer he saw before was gone, I was a little in shock. I then pulled the pictures out of my bible and could compare. I showed the wonderful nurses in day surgery (who were excited and mighty prayer warriors). I immediately thought of Thomas.. (John 20: 24 -29)

24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.


Thomas...so near and dear to me. With everything that has been happening, I am so afraid to let my guard down. The remarkable events are hard to deny, but I have this warning voice in the back of my head telling me not to let go all the way. I think it is because I still remember the words from back in September - "There is a large mass" and the shock of the rug being pulled out from under us so quickly. But I can learn from this. Thomas teaches me that even though the doubt is sometimes there, Jesus understands. Everyday in this journey I am walking closer towards Jesus and further from that worldly unbelief. Some days it may be only 1/2 of a step closer, but closer none the less.

So here are the pictures that I believe He gave me - This is the before picture taken in April when they removed the stent:

Here is the picture from Monday of the same area:

It is just remarkable. Six weeks. Praise be to God for His remarkable hand AND for allowing us to see it.

In all you do, wherever you are, in every circumstance, His Word tells us BE NOT FAITHLESS, BUT BELIEVING!!!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...WOW! I needed to see this today as much as you did, as we are going through some tough stuff ourselves and I find myself slipping in the trusting God deptartment!
Thank you for sharing your journey with us all!
In Christ,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

We praise you Lord for your healing!!! Hebrews 7:25 says "Therefore He is ALWAYS able to save those who come to God through Him, since He ALWAYS lives to intercede for them." I know this is the reason he has continued to work in your lives. I am so happy to read of the good news. May God grant you COMPLETE healing to open your esophagus and share this journey for HIS glory.
Love from Florida,
Carrie
P.S. Reading your blog is like reading a daily devotional; you have no idea how much you have strenghtened my relationship with God.

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Thank you for the photos! We read the blog and pray for you every day and we all BELIEVE in the miracles God has sent you -- but thank you for sharing this for those of us who still desire to "touch and see."
Watery eyes, thankful prayers, continued petitions and a giddy heart,
Kathleen

lynn / kev said...

PRAISING GOD....no eye has seen no ear has heard what wonderful things He has for us who BELIEVE. We're trusting God for COMPLETE healing. What a tribute to our LORD and KING this whole journey has been. He is answering our prayers! And now you are even showing us! PRAISE GOD, GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!!! So happy for you, Lynnette