Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hard day....

I want to thank whoever posted that anonymous comment from the last posting. Wow. That is it exactly...


Mike is not doing that well today. He got hungry (yes...Praise God) and made himself an egg. However, it got stuck going down and he has been throwing up phlegm ever since. It is so hard to sit by and watch this unfold. Mike's blood is down, his platelets are low, and we have to do something about this esophagus. It just breaks me to think of putting a stent in Mike again. It is just so painful for him. When he woke up the last time, he was in so much pain. It was just heart wrenching to try to comfort him and not be able to take that away. (Tears welling and huge sigh)

I also called the VA today to try to figure out where our benefits are. So, we have not received our disability for 2 months now and I got all kinds of answers. All this is related to the postponement of the retirement date. I got one answer that because the VA paid us while on active duty, we are not entitled to benefits anymore. I got another answer that we need to refile. I finally got an answer that they just need to reinstate the benefits and that should take about 30 days. (Huge sigh from me right now)

We now need to file - all documentation for the VA for all the other issues Mike had while on active duty. Ugh. More paperwork.. (Sigh)

The house... still not sold. What to do? Lower the price again? I spent some time today on the phone with the bank to figure out loan rates to cover the loss when we lower the price further (Huge sigh...)

Work? How? How do I go to work and leave Mike? How much longer can I not work? (sigh..)

But as mentally weighing as these past few days as been, I look around and realize that the people I love are still here. God is still here. Things have been worse. We will get through, even if it is moment by moment. Please just lift us up in prayer. . lift me up in prayer. I am really battling to shake off Satan's attacks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
I just wish I could wrap my arms around you now and let you cry on my shoulder. In our final BS today, one of our members, a cancer survivor, spoke. I of course continually thought about you all. I continue to pray for your house. What a HUGE burden!!! Love, Gini

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how Satan is really digging in deeper with his attacks after last week's good news. We're praying, hang on!

lynn / kev said...

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. The Lord inhabits the praise of His people! Praise God, Deanna. Satan hates that. Praise God and thank Him -- He is in control of all things. That might seem like the exact opposite of what you FEEL like doing, but we're not led by our feelings, we are led by our faith in God, who is in control of all things!!! Don't you forget it, He loves you and He is in control! PRAISE HIM and THANK HIM. Trust Him, rely on Him, believe in Him. We're standing with you in prayer, Lynnette (1 Thess. 5:16-18)

Anonymous said...

Mike and Deanna,
I read your blog all the time and pray for you guys, rejoice with you and sigh at times myself...first time to blog though. Human nature kicked in today in that I wanted to DO something so I picked up the phone and called your Congressman's office to get a VA POC. They have contacts that could help you find out where this paperwork is stuck at the VA. His name is Daniel Jones, 972-470-0892 in Cong Sam Johnson's office. This should not be a burden and we would love to see it lifted!
Love, Carol Beene