Wednesday, April 22, 2009

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD-maybe!

Friends,

Over the weekend we had a quiet Saturday, went to early church Sunday and then on to the Lewis family lake house on Lake Texoma. How beautiful it was, sitting lazily in a recliner and looking out over the water. It alternated between sunny and cloudy, and was breezy and cool. Only a few boats plied the waters, a couple of sailboats, a couple of power boats, and a single brave soul in a single man boat. Deanna helped her Mom and Dad clean, and Elizabeth got to do a bit of fishing--she caught one. I pulled out the church prayer list, and, as is my habit, read over every single name on it. There were four pages, 97 requests, and 35 of them were for healing from cancer. Satan really is trying literally to kill us, in a number of crafty ways, and I suppose cancer is one of his favorites. Make no mistake, this is spiritual warfare as well as medical warfare.

I was so upset that so many in one church were being decimated that I couldn't stop the tears. I decided to go for a walk along the winding, hilly roads, and I cried out for justice. Oh God, please bring your justice to the evil one for all the pain and suffering that he has inflicted on your people with cancer. Please. Soon.

Yesterday was Elizabeth's choir concert at school. They sounded wonderful!

Today I went in for a blood check (good), and received some extraordinary news. It's time to praise Jehovah-Rophe and Jesua again! Friday's PET scan results are in and...get this...

They were absolutely negative. Not a scrap of cancer cell metabolic activity anywhere!

"Previously identified mild hypermetabolic activity in the region of the GE junction is no longer seen...Liver lesions showed no hypermetabolic activity and may be sterile secondary to chemotherapy treatment." Yeah...except with all the secondary medical problems we haven't had any chemo in a month or so--so maybe we can give God the glory for this one, what do you say? I shared the news with the nurses and techs and patients and managed to not cry until I got out of the clinic and into the van--where tears flowed for the second time in just a few days. But tears of gratitude to God this time. I texted the news out to a bunch of people and went on to my chiropractic. I shared the good news with him and then got adjusted after we both prayed prayers of thanks to God. Then I drove down to Allen to visit friends who have been key supporters in the fight from the very beginning, where there were more prayers of praise.

Tomorrow we'll have a longer talk with the Doc about this test and what it means. But it's such wonderful news that I didn't want to wait till tomorrow to blog it. I think we're still going to do some more chemo, just to make sure. I'm okay with that. And then there is the surgery question. They always told me the surgeon's wouldn't touch me because of the liver cancer. However, if the liver cancer is now "sterile", does that mean it's time? Part of me is not so sure about the surgery, even though for a long time it's been a goal to work towards. Maybe we should just give the body time to dissolve the dead cancer tumors and see if it gets better without me going under the knife. The esophagus/stomach cancer surgery is complex and serious--there aren't that many places in the nation where you can get it.

I'm sort of wondering, if I have a bunch of dead, toxic, cancer material dissolving inside me, if I need to bolster my body's detox systems. I have half a mind to go get some lymphatic massage, light wave therapy, IR therapy, and maybe even some colon therapy. If the tumor and a bunch of lesions have just died and are dissolving, I might have a lot of toxins to get rid of...I think it's a condition called "acides", or something like that, which a wise man told me can kill you if you're not careful. He actually said something like, "You don't want to cure cancer too quickly, because the toxic remnants can overload your body and kill you." So we may be using some more of our homeopathic friend's services soon. Have to think and pray on this too.

If God is granting me a pardon from the cancer death sentence, what is His will for the rest of my life? This has been on my mind a lot lately, and even more so with today's news. So many times in the past have I failed to put him first. I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to do my will first, and then work in some time doing a few good works for Him on the margins, as the schedule allows. That was enough for me once--not anymore. If I gain my strength back, I really want to know his will for the rest of my life that he has snatched away from Satan and given back to me. Should I be a missionary support pilot? An Angel Flight pilot? Should I be a missionary? Should I be a church elder? Should I start a Wright Flight or a USAF JROTC in McKinney? Should I spend my GI Bill and go to seminary? Something else entirely? One of the things I need you to pray for me is to help me understand this and make a good decision. If this good trend continues, I may be able to start as early as this Fall.

I'm so grateful for all your prayers and support. God Bless you all!

Yours in Christ,
-Mike

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should be the most incredible dad any girl ever had. And then I think you should be the most incredible spiritual dad to more young people, especially young men, than you can count. Because let's face it--the enemy is trying to wipe out an entire generation. he starts before they're ever born by convincing their mothers to abort them. If they survive to birth, he tries to convince others to abuse them. he destroys families, most often by removing a father from a household. he steals, kills, and destroys in any way he can...including cancer. Your most sacred service, Mike, is to BE the person God made you to be to the fullest. What you do is secondary to who you are.

I am so thrilled for this news! We have prayed and prayed for this, and now I will continue to pray that the Lord brings you to full manifestation of the healing He's granted, and that He sustains you.

Thank You, Jesus!

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Mike & Deanna,
Praise to God on High!!! We have been praying for you in the background for some time now and watching God move your hearts closer to his. This has been such a blessing to our own lives to see you move closer to Him. He is actually drawing us closer as well. Praise be His Holy Name! We will continue to pray for guidance for you Mike.
Tim & Julie Barclay

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Loved hearing about those tears of gratitude flowing!! Love & prayers, the Armes

Anonymous said...

Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be His glorious name!!

Mike, I know God has a plan for your life...but know, that He has already used you more than you will even know! Tears of joy have flowed all day as I thank & praise our Lord! Love, Roxanne & family

Anonymous said...

Col Wiegand sent out an e-mail to us all as soon as he got off the phone with Deanna. I stared at my computer and just cried tears of joy over this amazing news!!

We are so thrilled to hear of today's news and continue to keep you all in our prayers!
God Bless,
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention in my earlier post...we felt you with us during Relay for Life Friday and Saturday. You all will have to plan on being here next year to participate with us!

There was a boy that was 8 years old and walked the first lap (the Survivor lap)...he was the youngest cancer survivor there and just had a big smile on his face. It was truly heartwarming!

Several members from the 23 AF and 623 AOC (some hadn't even signed up) came out with their spouses and children and ran/walked. What a great show of camraderie and spirit!

Keeping you in prayer!
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the great news! We know there are more challenges ahead, but God is with you and is on His throne, and in control. Praise His holy name for this wonderful report! We will continue praying for you Mike.
Peace be with you,
Jon & Shelley

CihakClan said...

Thanking the Lord with you!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Oh Mike, I am so overjoyed for you that I am sitting here crying. Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Mike and Deanna, this is wonderful news. Praise God!

I honestly don't know how your doctor is going to explain this, but I'd encourage you to read this article at http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/thuo-hypothesis.html before deciding on your next step. It talks about combined starvation/fever-induced remission which the medical community has known about since the early 1900s. Dr. Coley infected people with staph and had a 50% cure rate.

Congratulations, you got your miracle.
Tom and Marsha Griesbaum

Donna said...

Dear Mike & Deanna and Elizabeth,
Praise the LORD!!!! Our God is so awesome!!!! This is wonderful, wonderful news! I am so happy for all of you!

lynn / kev said...

Thank YOU, LORD, for answered prayer! We're so thankful. Don't worry about what's next, Mike. God will show you, remember that dream you had. I like all the comments above, and that one about staph was very interesting! PRAISE THE LORD!!! Love to you all, Lynnette