Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dear Friends,

In fact, we had to go to the hospital last night. The fever got worse, up to 103.2, and I couldn't keep down oral antibiotics, so we spent the night in the ER where they took good care of me with fluids, IV antibiotics, and some Tylenol to temper the fever. I've been transferred to a single hospital room on the 4th floor with a nice view of McKinney. The meds continue, and I guess I'll be here till Monday. They ran a lot of tests which all came back negative so far.

So, we have some kind of bug. Culture tests probably won't come in for another day or two. Maybe they will reveal something.

I'm worried about the stent decision. If we get it, it may prevent some future radiation treatments. It also supposedly hurts more than the plastic stent, so I will probably have to use the morphine patch again. On the other hand, without it, the esophagus may close down again and we'll be back to near continuous nausea. It's a big decision. Please pray that God will give us wisdom to make the right choice.

Yours in Christ,
-Mike

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying the relief you feel now is not only permanent, but just the beginning of a long series of improvements. I am praying that the decision for a permanent stent will be totally unnecessary and that the fingers of God Himself will hold your esophagus open.

Anonymous said...

Mike,
You made me laugh! Usually when you write you start with "Deanna let me"....or something like that SO when I read that "they took good care of me with fluids, IV antibiotics..." I thought Deanna was talking and that she had just had too much and also needed all that! Hope you all can get some rest despite the hospital stay! Our prayers are with you regarding decision making. Gini for all the Armes

Anonymous said...

Lord, guide Mike & Deanna in each and every decision they must make during this journey. Give them the faith and peace to know that the steps of the righteous are ordered by you and you are right there with them at every moment and care about every detail. Surround them with your loving kindness and very real presence. In Jesus name, Amen.