Sunday, November 23, 2008

Praise you in this Storm

As the days go on, that is all I can think of to do right now. Praise God in this storm. I have to confess that it is so easy to want to slip into a depression right now. I read in a book about how the character had to fight to keep the cloud of darkness from consuming her, and I think I understand that right now. I have to continually remember all the provisions God has made for us and to believe that God is not a God that only has a set number of provisions for us. He is so faithful. That is one of His many characteristics. He has provided for us and will continue to do so with the future as well.

I want to ask for specific prayer right away. I need everyone to pray for Mike and that he has enough strength for the retirement ceremony. That the pain will cease for the ceremony and that this will be a happy event for him both physically and emotionally.

Doug and Dena made it here yesterday. It just made my heart praise God. To have friends come in and bring a sense of fun and laughter into the house is beyond words.

We spent the day yesterday doing normal things for the most part. Elizabeth and I got a haircut and I bought Elizabeth a new outfit for the retirement ceremony. I also got her big foot new shoes. We then came home and put up the Christmas Tree and some decorations. I have all these decorations, and I always run out of steam in pulling them all out. You know, the knick knack decorations. But the tree is great and I love it.

Melissa came over yesterday for a while as well. She showed us another way to help with the swelling in Mike's legs. We have been using Castor oil and heat. The castor oil absorbs into the lymph nodes and helps move the fluid out.

Mike is hanging in there and still fighting. He looks like he is losing weight. I put a call in on Friday to increase the calories of his IV food. I will follow that up on Monday. It is really hard to tell sometimes. He has been retaining fluid over the past few weeks and it has come down significantly. So that may be it too. He has been doing things as well. Watching TV, Movies, and surfing the computer. So those are good signs as well.

The best that I can say is that we are hanging in there by God's Grace. I have to admit that I am ready for the parting of the sea miracle with this cancer. I would love nothing more than to see that cancer spit out of his mouth. It is such a battle.

Elizabeth is back from camp and searching for puppies continually on line. She has the week off of school and wants a dog so bad. I want a dog that is already trained. So please pray that God will show us the right addition to add to our family at some point of the next month or two.

Prayers:
Mike to eat and drink more
Mike to gain weight
The pain to cease for Mike
Strength for today and hope for tomorrow
Health for both Elizabeth and I
Safe travel for all coming to the retirement
God's absolute and divine presence at the Retirement Ceremony
Joy, laughter, hope, and peace to fill this house continually

Keith we would love to see you on Tuesday. We have appointments in Lewisville at 10:00 and 11:00 but we should be home in the afternoon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Friends,
May all your prayers come true this day! Thinking of you and stand proud to have known you.
Congratulations on serving and we know you will continue to Aim High; may the ultimate commander be at your side and heal you and comfort you to use you for His next mission. Thanks for the blog. We are still faithful with our prayers. Blessings from Florida,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Especially praying for this special retirement day! Love, the Armes

Anonymous said...

Mike, America, her Air Force and her Airmen are better for your exemplary service. You epitomized our Core Values in and out of the jet. You have left the Air Force a more capable and honorable force. You set a great example by stepping up for Weapons School and an even better example in the way you always made time to mentor others. I know the 7th BW thrived in large part due to the force multiplication of Igor trained Bats and Mohawks. Those you trained will carry on. You leave like a great athlete who always prepared to the fullest, played full throttle and harbored no grudge. I’m proud to have served with you, and will continue praying for you and your family.
GOD Bless
Woodman
Semper FOB

Anonymous said...

Have a VERY special & blessed day & Retirement Service! Elizabeth enjoy your week off! - Donna Jordan