Sunday, November 16, 2008

Email!

Here is our new email address:

deanna.phillips@att.net

Please try and contact us. I want to see if it works.

We have so much to be thankful for. Jeff and Wendy just left and words can not express the gratitude that we have. Our house is unpacked. Boxes are in the attic. The office is organized with files for all the medical, house, military, etc. They bought anything we needed and Wendy even is giving us advice on our legal documents. Honestly, I felt like a big baby when they left. I didn't want them to leave. I couldn't watch them drive away. It was so nice to have her here when we came home. Just to say something that wasn't about cancer. Just a ray of life outside this ride we are on right now. We have got to get a life outside of this disease. It is so hard when there are good days and bad days. Today is a bad day for Mike with a lot of pain. It is a long story, but it has to do with us removing the morphine patch for a treatment and it dried out. So we stuck new ones on at around noon today. Hopefully by in the morning, the day will be brighter.

Gini, we did receive the package and it is a gift from God himself. I remind myself every moment that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can walk this walk without him.

Guess what? I took a 30 minute nap today. That was an incredible mercy from God.

We were able to watch Andrew Wommach via podcast last night. We were gone from 9-5 seeking treatments and I didn't have one ounce of energy left. It was a good thing too. I went on past 11 last night. There was no way I could have driven back from Fort Worth.

There is so much to say, but I need to carve out Elizabeth time. Our Internet is up and we are living in our house. I hope to be able to blog more and more. Thanks for being patient .

Prayer needs:
Time to find a Dr for Tricare Prime changes
Mike to eat and drink more
Less pain for Mike
Mike to take more of the supplements
Treatment ease - this means to make things more accessible so we have more time as a family
To fight with everything we have
Jeff and Wendy save travel to Abilene
Sleep
Less stress - my blood pressure was 155 over 104 the other day. I have to make time to exercise to help the endorphins.
Elizabeth will open up to me. Something is on her mind that she is not saying.
God to continue to hold us tightly and send the healing angels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike, Deanna, and Elizabeth, I know I haven't been in contact on this blog for awhile, but be assured that I have not stopped praying for you and thinking about you. I also am making my friends and church family aware of the prayers that you all need.
Shirley and I will be at the retirement ceremony on Monday. I am very anxious to see all of you.
Trent is still thinking about coming, but unsure yet about his work schedule. I am going to email you also to see if it works.
Our love and prayers to all of you. We will see you on Monday, and maybe Sunday, too when we get there. Love, Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Likewise the above Mike and Deanna. We check this site everyday and pray everyday for you all. Don't want you to think silence means where not praying!!
Steve and Robin