Friday, November 6, 2009

Update

The CT Scan is done and Mike is starting to wake up out of the Chemo fog. He had a bad night last night. He couldn't get comfortable and has intestinal issues. It is probably chemo related, but he is going to talk to doctor this morning. His blood is holding good so far...

This chemo is definitely different. He had to take steroids for two days. One day before chemo and the day of chemo. He didn't sleep. He got maybe 4 hours of sleep in two days. Then we went in for the Taxotere. We had the great opportunity to talk to two different ladies. Jan's husband Chuck, was mixing a powder into a drink for Jan and I want over and asked what it was ( You never know when you might learn something new from other patients). It was a protein powder, Beneprotein, that has been working for her to keep weight on during Chemo. Jan has pancreatic cancer that has spread to her liver. She had breast cancer about 12 years ago. Jan was talking to another lady. This was her 3rd time to battle breast cancer. However, this time a tumor has formed between her C3 and C4 vertebrae. The tumor is in between the spine and the spinal cord. She wears a neck brace all the time. They are afraid that one wrong move of her neck could make her a quadriplegic. Both these ladies are in their 50's I would guess. Both of these ladies have amazing men by their side. They were both very inspirational for me. Their faith is so strong and their fight so courageous. It put me on my knees yet again to thank God for His incredible blessings in our fight. It made me confess my self pity party and ask for forgiveness.

Prayer requests:
Fort Hood, Kileen, the Army and for everyone that has been touched by this tragedy. I spent a few months at Fort Hood training for AAFES before I was sent to California where I met Mike. It is a good place, doing good things, filled to the brim with incredible people. They were also instrumental in doing all our VA paperwork last year at this time for Mike.

Mike - his strength, his fight, his mental toughness and his body. He is struggling with everything mentally. He wants to eat. I made sloppy joes last night and he looked so sad. He loves a good sloppy joe and it is the first time I have made them since before Mike got sick.

Elizabeth and I as we start packing the house and as I try to "dot all the i's" with paperwork, maintenance issues, and moving details for the new house.

Praises:
The wonderful Taylor boys who came over and got down all the moving boxes out of the attic. I am afraid of heights and falling and this was a huge deal. By the way, the oldest is a Senior as is going into Army ROTC at University of Missouri. He wants to be in Special Ops!

For my little "slap in the face" this week so I can look around and see the what blessings I have right now, in this moment.

Lunch at school with Elizabeth...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Deanna, can you believe you're moving!!!??? Glad you are getting/have gotten helpers!! Love, Gini