Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A really broken down blogger posts

Mike did Chemo yesterday and so far he is doing well. Last week, the side effects hit him on Tuesday night. We will see what happens in a few hours. Please pray specifically that Mike will not have ANY side effects this week. I need him so much right now with everything going on.

Lisa Tuttle popped in from Florida yesterday. As I say time and time again, we love visitors. We just hugged and I cried. Lisa and Alan have known us since we were first married. Lisa was a mentor for me and taught me so much about how to cook, be an AF wife, and most importantly prayed unceasingly for our salvation. What a gift to pray for us for so long and to see it come to past. When she left I asked her, "how does Mike look to you?" and she said, "Thin, which I expected, but I saw Life in his eyes and as long as I see that I know all will be ok" She was talking about the life that comes through Christ Jesus and praise God she is right. Mike has the guarantee of everlasting life.

Yesterday, we also found out my Uncle Dick passed away. It was very unexpected and it is very hard on the family. Dick is my uncle that is a Vietnam Vet and if you have been reading from the blog, we got to see him last summer. Mike was able to connect him with a fellow soldier that he hadn't seen since Vietnam, but it was a great reunion and really blessed Dick and us as well. We love you so much, Uncle Dick. You have been nothing but kind, generous, loving and supportive to us. May you rest in peace and praise God you no longer are experiencing the pain you lived with for so long from all your injuries serving our country. Thank you.

To my dear family, both here and in Minnesota. Mike and I are so sorry that we can not be there to walk through this with you and to honor Dick. We love you so much.

We are set to move:
Thursday - after the closing until about 6 pm
Friday - all day until dark
Saturday - 2:30 pm until dark
Sunday - to finish (hopefully) what is left

We can use all the help we can get, especially with my family going out of town for the funeral.

We found out today that the Homeowners Assistance Program turned us down. We don't qualify (yet again). There is an appeals process, which we will try. I have to tell you this broke me and I am a little angry. We are using what is left of our saving to get our house. We used our investments to pay someone to take our house in Florida. The concurrent receipt didn't pass. We were 7 months shy of 20 years.. I am really angry and just tired and just broken. How much more Lord? Why Lord? What am I not seeing or hearing? How much more? Lord, protect my family from anymore attacks.. Guard Mike...

I am really begging for prayers right now.... For Mike and for me.. I need to hold it together

Praises: with everything that has been stripped away and with all the struggles, Mike is still here. Jesus said He will never leave us or forsake us... Lord, be near me

Holding on tightly ~ Deanna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have all heard the following scripture:

1Peter 4:12-19
12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. 16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter. 17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now “If the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?” 19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.

I have heard it and read it and held on to it throughout this past year over and over, as we have been going through some tough times as well...not cancer mind you, but life has been tough just the same; my husband became disabled due to chronic pain he has had for the past 6 years because of a hit and run motorcycle accident and as a result we lost our home, and because of the meds my husband has been on for his chronic pain he suffered a brain injury, anyhow it was not until the other day that I saw the scripture in a different light when my husband came out in tears reading it to me (actually he only read me verses 17-19)...and it hit me and gave me a peace I can not explain, I have no idea if it will do the same for you, but I wanted to share it with you, just in case it might.

I blogged about it here if you are interested: http://kainos.xanga.com/716634788/suffering-for-god%e2%80%99s-glory/

Gods’ blessings and peace to you!!!!
Kelly
(Tucson)

Anonymous said...

I made it back! 12 hours. Whew!

It was so great to see you all again. What a blessing your friendship has been to me. What an encouragement to see you all walking out your faith in the midst of trials. I love you!

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Sure wish you could feel my hugs over the internet. Too bad you couldn't actually hear all the prayers people are praying for you all over the world and of course JESUS is interceding for you!!! LOVE, Gini