Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hanging in there - working on Patience

Mike went to the doctor yesterday and overall it was ok. Mike has lost weight and now tips the scale below 140. That sent waves of panic through me, but Mike keeps reassuring me it will be ok. I told him he has just got to keep on the feeding schedule of 6-7 times a day this week. We have the week off from Chemo and this week needs to be about rest and weight gain, which is ironic considering what is going on right now.

Things are way out of whack with closing on our house. It is not us, not our realtor, not our title company, it the mortgage company. We are really tied because of the Veteran's Land Board here in Texas and who will do these loans. We left off yesterday with the documents going to the Title Company and us closing today. However, come to find out the documents are not together even now as I type at 2:00 pm. I am pretty confident we are looking at tomorrow at the earliest. Now if it fails to close then, we are looking at Monday and that is our last shot. If we don't close on Monday, Fannie Mae will pull the house and put it back on the market. Not to mention, Doug and Dena have bought plane tickets and taken leave to fly in Friday to help us.. AND Mike is scheduled to start Chemo again on Monday. (Trust in the Lord....) I am being patient, but I have stopped everything for now and am just waiting. This makes me appreciate Superior Home Loans in Niceville, FL and Bart Swan even more. That was such an enjoyable easy experience when we purchased that home. This.. This is not.

Mike is doing better, but the Chemo effects lasted a long time this time. He still will get waves of exhaustion and nausea even now. But I am so thankful. So thankful. Even with the mess of moving and closing, I am so thankful. I will never take a day together for granted. My God is an awesome God and He reigns in all details.. the house, Mike's health, our family, my life. AMEN!

Prayer needs:
Mike - please pray specifically that he will gain weight. That the chemo effects will be gone. That we will spend this holiday weekend together this year and that we will not end up in the hospital. When you pray, please remember to Thank God for everything He has done for Mike and for us
Deanna - that I can handle all that needs to be done with grace and that His light shows instead of the negative things.
Elizabeth - rest, fun, and rejuvenation

Praise:
Friends, family, Mike, a house, time together!

2 comments:

lynn / kev said...

Patience....it's a tough one. All of us have to work on it, I think. We're praying for all of you every day, several times a day, and love reading your blog. Praising God for all He has done and will do for you. Happy Thanksgiving! Love, Lynnette & the CG in Tucson.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Mike came through the chemo...get rest! I'm sure everything will work out with the house; I know it's frustrating and sure you are anxious to get moved in. God will ensure everything falls into place!

We continue to pray for you everyday! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
God bless,
Cynthia