Sunday, November 8, 2009

Procedure done

Mike has come thru the replacing of the tube procedure just fine. The praise is that the tube was really clogged with medication (curcumin) and that cancer wasn't the issue. There was a concern that cancer might be blocking it or that cancer might have grown around it and prevented the removal of the tube in the ER last night. Praise God! Praise God! it was not the case. In fact, Mike saw the xray equipment that was helping the radiologist guide the guide wire and neither of them saw an obvious tumor in his stomach. I just remember the grapefruit size tumor in his stomach when he was first diagnosed 14 months ago... Thank you God for your mercy and grace.

Mike is flipping through the Sunday paper as we speak ready to go home. In fact, that was the first thing he said after the staff left the room. Please pray that there are no complications with the new tube and that he hasn't lost too much weight after not eating for over 36 hours so far.

On my knees rejoicing! Deanna

3 comments:

DRAFTBOX said...

Deanna, I read your update about the tube this morning, prayed for you and came back just now looking for new news. And now I'm praying for no more complications while thanking the Lord for good progress today so far.

Love in Him,
Jane Pope

Anonymous said...

Great to see pix of Elizabeth and to hear the news of the ER MD and the tube removal/exchange,etc. Trust you are home now! Love & prayers, Gini

Anonymous said...

Deanna & Mike, Thanking God for the small gifts of time and love and family for you both. You two are so beautiful, your love is so beautiful and inspiring, if only everyone could have your strength, courage, love, and faith oh what a world this would be. I just want you to know I sat up all evening and read every blog post from the beginning to now, I cried, I smiled, I laughed, I remembered back to Gala and OSC, and although I lost an entire night of sleep, I feel so thankful, so conforted, so full of faith and joy, you both, and Elizabeth will never know what you did for me. So THANK YOU, GOD BLESS YOU, and STAY STRONG in the path God has laid out for you.

Love, Daneen