Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankfulness

Thanksgiving is this week and I have so much to be thankful for this year, despite losing Mike (or Mike gaining heaven might be a better way of saying it).

I am so thankful that God in His infinite wisdom knitted this marvelous daughter, Elizabeth out of Mike and I. She is a beautiful reminder of life, Mike, and what really matters.

I am thankful for this house that we managed to buy (by God's grace) this time last year.

I am thankful to the USAF and all those we served with over the years who still consider us family.

I am thankful for my family that continues to be near when I need them to be and to back away when I need space to grieve by myself.

I am thankful for the nieces and nephews. I love being near them and being apart of their lives.

I am thankful for my friends - both new and old - who continue to pray for me and support me and listen to me no matter where in the world they live.

I am thankful for my church that allows me to serve Christ in all ways and for a church that strengthens my walk with Christ.

I am thankful for wonderful husband who loved me probably more than I deserved and who lived his life so fully. I am thankful for the incredible memories and the journey that our marriage took.

I am thankful that I got to love Mike to his very last earthly breath.

I am thankful that I found Christ and that I know that someday I will be with Mike in Heaven.

I am thankful .... I am.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a most hearty Happy Thanksgiving to you Deanna and Elizabeth! Love, Gini

Anonymous said...

You have such a positive attitude. You are very inspiring!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Stephanie Brentwood

Anonymous said...

We are Thankful for you both. Love in Christ...The Maxwells

Unknown said...

Deanna: My name is Dianne Davis, I went to school with Mike, maybe you remember me. I just learned that Mike had passed and wanted to let you know that I am terribly sorry for your loss.

May God Bless you and Elizabeth.

Dianne