Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mike wrote about this day 2 years ago

Mike wrote in the September 9, 2008 blog the following:

I am a small, selfish, ugly man in character. And yet to glorify Jesus he has chosen to send us through this storm. Maybe so everyone will know his power. I will let you in on a secret. God showed me a man I know, rising up from the baptismal waters, smiling because he knows freedom and joy in Jesus. I don't know when or how this will happen, but I know now that it will happen. If this storm is God's will to happen in order to bring more people to a saving faith, then I say bring it on, no matter what the outcome. A small bargain to pay, a privilege that Jesus would use us this way. ~ Sept. 9, 2008

Today was the day that God pre-destined. I saw it and longed for Mike to be there with me watching. I know that he is celebrating awaiting the time when we will all be together with him in Heaven. I am grateful to God that he showed Mike so long ago - kind of like showing Moses the promise land, even though he never got to enter it in his lifetime. We serve such a amazing, gracious, and powerful God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we do serve an amazing, gracious, and powerful God!! And, He is with you and for you during this time.
I know Mike considered it a privilege to be used by our Lord...just like it was a privilege for us to witness his faith and love for Christ! Thinking of you both....Roxanne